Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
Yahooo: After a long dry spell and being pumpless I scored this weekend. Saturday mornings paper had a ad the said barn/estate sale and mentioned gas pumps. I jump in the truck @ 6:30 drive an hour south figuring the whole way they would be junk,too expensive or sold when I got there. Especiall when they were only a few miles from Dwaine and Teds pads (Sorry guys)

I roll up there is the A38 I been wanting for years, mostly complete and in fair condition. Then I see a Wayne 70 that is pretty dented but complete.

Then There was a very nice soda chest. So I bought it all.

No the wifes pissed, but I'm stoked beyond belief. Already completly striped the A38 and delivered to blaster this morning.

I posted a wanted list in the for sale if anybody has parted one out. I also need reccomendations for suppliers on the soda machine restoration parts.

Hope you guys also had a great weekend.

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Congratz..its always high times when ya find a pump youre looking for. have fun and post pics.
---------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Nice score Rick.
Too bad you didn't send me some of that money you had. You told me you were sending a deposit on that Wayne 100. And asked me to hold that pump for you until you had the money. When was that, 2 months ago? Guess you came across some money.

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
Did you take your riddlen today Aquaman?
LOL
Great score Rick, excellent weekends like that are needed more often.

Ryan

[This message has been edited by Ryan Underthun (edited 09-02-2003).]

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

W
W
Play nice Elvis, someday the shoe might be on the other foot. I've watched several fellows here help you find those pumps you're bragging about selling now, and it was because they thought you were collecting them, not scooping them up to re-sell. Anyone that can lay out $15,000 for a snake shouldn't need to worry about a couple hundred, even if it never shows up. This isn't intended as a dig, just a friendly observation from the cheap seats.............

[This message has been edited by Winston (edited 09-02-2003).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Its all good with me. People can do what they like with their reputation, no sweat off my nose.
Winston, the shoe will never be on the other foot I can assure you. If I tell you or anyone I will do something, bet on it. If you are not sure about buying something, you say, "I'll get back to you", if you are sure you say "I am short on cash, I'll send you a deposit as soon as I get it".
If what you tell people does not mean the price of tea in China, that is fine. I am just saying that is not how I am. (what tea prices have to do with anything I don't know, my dad always said that, lol)
Also, there were not "several fellows" helping me find pumps. Don Sherwood found one, I told him I was not reselling it, and I won't. Dwaine hooked me up with a trailer full, and told me to keep the ones I wanted and sell the rest. Dwaine also hooked me up with a guy who had a "keeper" pump, Tokheim 850. I was able to pick up extra pumps from the same guy. Again, Dwaine told me to sell the ones I did not want. Please don't put intentions on other people that were never there. I have only told one person, Don, that I would not sell the pump I was getting. The rest of the pumps were bought with Dwaine's help and he is the one that told me to sell them. How many wayne 100's, 70's, tok 39's, etc do I need? I am collecting pumps, not hoarding them. If I have no intention of restoring a pump it will be sold. I don't need 2-3 of the same pump.
Just my thoughts... when I say yes, it means yes. When I say no, it means you need to make me a better offer

W
W
Aquaelvis
Like I said, its just an observation, no offense was intended. But now, I'd like to point something else out. Wasn't it you who said there should be no by name finger pointing here, just like your snake website? I think we've cleaned up our act here, if you have a problem with Blastmaster, call him on the phone, there is no need to post your problems in a public forum, it's really not that big of a problem, and you aren't out anything. All you've done is degrade yourself by trying to humiliate a member in good standing. Again, just a friendly observation.
Have a Nice Day
Winston

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Like I said, if that is the way you do "business" then I see your point. I guess if you give nothing, why expect other to?
I have already said I am not like that. When I agree to something, it is done. I will not back out, period.
If you don't think it is a problem to sit on a pump and get strung along, good for you. It is a problem for me, not for the money.
On your other note, there are two things. Yes, you are right. I probably should not have posted about it here. On the other hand, who is at fault, me? You think so. I would have liked to know about this BEFORE I held onto a pump for someone who was not serious. In that respect, it should be here. It is a reasonable situation, if someone else would like to wait for a deposit from Rick then they now have more facts. Speaking for myself, I would never sell anything to him again unless there was green cash in my hand. I have learned and now others might as well.
This situation is not the same as Dwaine and Lance. This will not escalate. It has gone farther than it should have already. There was no need for others to get involved, to misrepresent deals that have been done. No reason at all.
I said fact, it would have been nice for Rick to at least let me know he was not buying the pump. Last email I have says he is sending a deposit as soon as he can. (Aug 8 I think) Now I see he bought 2 pumps. That is all.
If conducting your affair with a little respect for other is "degrading" then so be it.

W
W
I'll leave you with this.........

You say your word is as good as Gold?

In your years as a business man, can you honestly tell me that you have never let a customer down. You've never been late for an appointment, you've never promised a product would be in by a certain day and it wasn't, you've never had to revise a quote or avoided a phone call or made a promise you couldn't keep?

All I'm saying is, take it in stride friend, you'll live longer.

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
I am taking it in stride, there is no question there. I am more bothered by the accusations you made about me selling pumps that were not OK to sell. I could care less about the wayne 100.
No, I have never failed to perform when I had the means to. If I was unable to get the part for a customer, I would let them know. That is the point, when you have the means, do you keep your word or do whatever you feel like? I keep my word. I guess you missed that point. I just had a guy back out of a pump because he was in a car accident. He needs to come up with $700 to fix the guys car. Was I upset with him, certainly not! Things happen. Would I be upset if he came by my house to show me the pump he just bought? Oh yeah!
We are not dealing with someone who can't make good on his word, they just don't want to. That is dishonest.
My company does not run perfectly, but I do run things honestly.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
big Elv, tell that guy thats looking for a Barber chair to give me a call, I also have some very old Ivory straight razors he might like. form the 1830ties--1860ties. or we could trade for a snake. no I just want my pants back. good night boys. whos got the ball??

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe I should buy that Wayne 100...with all this fuss its even more of a collectors item. Elvis, the alligator is gone ..do you take payments? Just Kidding. Save some pumps for me though my friend...you need tattoos.
Hubba

T
T
when an A-38 pops up to be sold "RIGHT NOW" whatcha gonna do?!! what would you do?
i know what id do!
cant blame a guy for that!!!!!!

maybe he stole em for 2 bits?!! LOL!

hey i know some dudes with deep pockets & then i know somemore with deeper pockets but theyre arms are way tooooooo short to reach in em! LMAO! thats why theyre so deep!!! then theres the guy with long arms!
then the guy that has mama carry a big purse! & so on.........!!!

nothin matters when an A-38 or somethin pops up for a right now no time to waste sale! YA JUST GOTTA HAVE IT MAN!!! I GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT NOW! I NEED IT, I WANT IT, IM GOING HOME WITH IT!!! BACK OF THE TRUCKS DRAGGIN! REAL HAPPY, PERMANENT SMILE! GET HOME UNLOAD IT ALL REAL NICE IN THE GARAGE THEN KICK BACK IN THE BARBER CHAIR & LOOK THE SITUATION OVER AWHILE!!!!!
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
2 Tone raises some good points, I would like to add some. Most of us dont NEED another pump, HOWEVER We think WE HAVE TO HAVE another pump, so its easy to say yes i will take that if the seller says you can pay me later. We may say that with the best intentions in mind, but then more stuff YOU GOT TO HAVE shows up and then voila the money is spent again and of course you can always pay for that other one later and the seller hasnt said anything so he must not be too worried.
I usually have more stuff lined up to buy faster than I can round up the money, so yes I have been guilty of buying the here and now instead of should be paying for this one.
The other thing is when you start selling items that are not the neccessities of life, it is bound to happen that someone wants you to hold items and later on can not complete the deal when they thought they would. So a deposit on the deal always helps, in more ways than one..at the end of the day if you dont have a deposit you dont have anything and the deal can change on both ends.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Just my thoughts..been there and done that..dodogas

D
D
Enjoyed the wisdom from the last two posts. Sounds like you guys have been around long enough to have actually had the pleasure to have used or at least remember some of the great things that we lust after......

Dennis Moen
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
But always remember, a mans as good as his word. WORD.
1. Word = good as gold.
2. hand shake, to seal the word.
3. deposit , after the word and handshake failed.
4, don't do business with them anynore, can't trust them. WORD.
In Veit Nam , if you broke your word, you were dead. Your word is your BOND.
if I tell you something you can mark it.
Well they ran through the briors, they ran through the bramble , they ran through the bushes were a rabbit wouldn't go . they ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch'em, on down to Mississippi to the gulf of Mexico. ha ha . (BOND)

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
well we fired our cannon till the barrel melted down, so we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round... we filled his head with cannon balls and powdered his behind and when we touched the powder off the gator lost his mind.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well......In 1814 we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip'
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans

We fired our guns and the British kept a-comin'
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico

We looked down the river and we see'd the British come
And there musta been a hund'erd of 'em beatin' on the drum
They stepped so high and they made their bugles ring
We stood beside our cotton bales and didn't say a thing

Old Hick'ry said we could take 'em by su'prise
If we didn't fire our musket till we looked 'em in the eyes
We held our fire till we see'd their faces well
Then we opened up with squirrel guns and really gave 'em ... Well

Yeah! they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em

We fired our cannon 'til the barrel melted down
So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round
We filled his head with cannonballs and powdered his behind
And when we touched the powder off, the 'gator lost his mind

WHAT DO I WIN?

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
george turned to Sam with his gold in his hand... he said Saaaam your a lookin' at a lonely lonely man I'd give all this gold thats buried in this land for one small band of gold to place on a sweet little chickies hand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North to Alaska, a-go north, the rush is on

Big Sam left Seattle in the year of ninety-two
With George Pratt, his partner and brother Billy, too
They crossed the Yukon River and found the bonanza gold
Below that old White Mountain, just a little southeast of Nome

Sam crossed the Majestic Mountains to the Valleys far below
He talked to his team of huskies as he mushed on through the snow
With the Northern Lights a-runnin' wild in the land of the Midnight Sun
Yes Sam McCord was a mighty man in the year of nineteen-one

Where the river is windin', big nuggets they're findin'

George turned to Sam with his gold in his hand
Said, Sam, you're a-lookin' at a lonely, lonely man
I'd trade all the gold that's buried in this land
For one small band of gold to place on sweet little Jenny's hand

'Cause a man needs a woman to love him all the time
Remember, Sam, a true love is so hard to find
I'd build for my Jenny a honeymoon home
Below that old White Mountain just a little Southeast of Nome

HOW 'BOUT NOW?

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
It show do git lonely up in thoughs hills. donut masser. ha ha ha .bettern spatten eh.

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Very well done pogo..... if I get a chance I will post a Johnny Horton triv q later tonight and we'll see just how good you really are...... be sure to put on your thinking gas cap...... matter of fact if you or anyone else gets the q right I will send them a custom made Husky hat..... I know its not as nice as a custom made bowling shirt, but it's all I got.... how about some oldgas.com bowling shirts.... now there's a thought....
bob
bob

T
T
Blastmaster, Check out soda-machines.com. They will have all the info you need. That site is to pop machines as this site is to pumps. Good luck

T
T
im gonna find a nest in the hills & chill like flint, then buy an old drop top & get a spot to pimp. then im gonna tom2tone it up & down your block with a bottle of scotch & watch lots of cro........... WHOOOOOPSIE wrong song!!! ------------- nevermind!!!

T
T
the black kat is back in original form
the legible credibal inevitable storm
way past the norm & still misbehavinnnnnnnnn!
FINGER IN THE AIR & THE FLAGS STILL WAVIN!!!!!!!!!

WHO SINGS IT????????????

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I always loved Johnny Horton. Thanks
Hubba

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Tommy:

Our very own 'local boy makes good' - Kid Rock.

Later . . .

Jim

P.S. Saw him in concert last year and when he did a guest appearance with Aerosmith last year.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I'm a honkey tonk man
And I can't seem to stop
I like to give the girls a whirl
to the music of an old guitar
but when the money's all gone
I'm on the telephone
Singin' hey hey momma
can your daddy come home

Thanks for the North to Alaska lyrics, it's one of my ATF's for sure

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
want some wiskey in your water? sugar in your tea? whats all these crazy questions theyre askin me?
THIS IS THE CRAZIEST PARTY THAT COULD EVER BE!
DONT TURN ON THE LIGHTS CAUSE I DONT WANNA SEE!!!!!!!

MAMMA TOLD ME NOT TO COME!

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Steppenwolf, saw them once , pretty cool..dodogas

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Three Dog Night, album: Golden Biscuit

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Started the computer up and realized it was Three Dog Night not Steppenwolf..LOL

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> humming Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog..dodogas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved