Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55283 Thu Mar 02 2006 06:17 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Have a rare but how rare I'm not for sure?
An old plastic can sign told it was a Sunoco-big in size. 3 colors: red-blue-yellow. Has 2 huge wings,a torch,something around torch handle. Looks like the Doctors emblem. I looked in one of my old sign logo books & it's there along w/Sunoco at the top of the page but has no info on this logo??? I will try to get someone to upload the pics. Any help welcome-(year).
Thanks!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#55284 Thu Mar 02 2006 08:10 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO WAS A SIGN THAT SUNOCO USED ON THE FACE OF THEIR STATIONS USUALLY OVER THE DOOR TO THE OFFICE. I HAVE SEEN IT USED ON THEIR CANNED PRODUCTS SUCH AS 2-GALLON USING THE SLOGAN "MERCURY MADE" WITH THAT EMBLEM
OF A TORCH, 2-WINGS AND A CRIS-CROS OF TWO SNAKES(?) AROUND THE TORCH. YEARS USED? I'M GONNA HAVE TO SAY 1930'S TO 50'S.
I DID SEE ONE ABANDINED SUNOCO STATION IN UPSTATE N.Y. SEVERAL YEARS AGO THAT STILL HAD THAT SIGN ATTCHED TO THE FACADE. I DID TAKE PICTURES, BUT I'LL BE DARNED IF I CAN FIND THEM...SORRY!

~DOC @ TAG.WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#55285 Fri Mar 03 2006 01:10 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Check out this link to Debra's page:
http://www.agilitynut.com/gas/4b.html

Very cool sign.

Wes

#55286 Fri Mar 03 2006 01:32 AM
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Indgasman;
Thermactor beat me to the post, I couldnt remember the post but it was 2-13-06 worlds oldest gas station. The emblem you were refering to is called a Caduceus. In agilitynut.com go to ice boxes page 4 youll find what your looking for!

#55287 Fri Mar 03 2006 05:25 AM
I
OP Offline
I
THANKS GUYS!
I'll read up on this. Just needed to know that it was really a Sunoco. We'll get it cleaned up & have it for sale soon.

"DARE TO DO WHAT OTHERS ONLY DREAM" Col. H Weir Cook,Ace WWI (famed 94th squad)& WWII
March is the month that he lost his life doing what he loved best,serving & FLYING.

Hats off to ALL our Troops who served & still serving everywhere!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved