Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hello, thanks for the help received from a great bunch of guys. On the photo below, does anyone have a Chevron credit card sign like in the photo below? I know it says Chevron National Credit Cards (accepted?) HERE. Thanks in advance for your help. Utahbob

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
i dont have one but this is a better picture of one to help your doubts on what it says.

Kyle DeKoning

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
station picture of subject appears to be a banner..

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks, it would be nice if someone had a photo of the banner, so the sign will have to do for now. Thanks for you help. Utahbob

R
R
I have Standard and Chevron West coast items in my collection. When Standard Oil Inc. moved out of there S.F. headquaters a lot of there early paper items were considered trash and discarded. Advertising going back to the teens with some never distributed to there Standard Stations and Chevron Dealers. I aquired some of the discarded items through a third party who aquired them from a junk man who hapened to be the luckie guy assigned to clear out the storage area. The junk man set aside some of the items for sale to the third party I had contact with. The sign in the dealers window is most likely made of paper or cloth made to last for a few months. There are several styles of metal signs like the one pictured for out door display; the flat style as shown in Utah Bob's picture, a flange style and a tire rack style. The V wings logo was decided on after the victory of WW2 and used by Standard Inc. and private franchised Chevron Dealers. My first job in 1962 was with Standard Stations Inc. a great company to work for and still going strong today under the Chevron brand.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the info Rick, I will be able to label that sign as a paper one. You wouldn't happen to have a good photo or scan of one would you? Please let me know. Thanks again for your info.
Utahbob

I just bought this sign, its double sided porcelain, not paper.

Hope this pic helps

10557321_10202109788373607_6383058277867314408_n.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved