Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#556667 Mon Jul 28 2014 05:13 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Someone i know I came across these and I like the artwork. They are silk screened on steel from Minnesota in the 1960s. There are two double sided signs that used to have a blade sign bracket for hanging perpendicular to a wall. Hardware is missing. I can't find any information on a brand and suspect that it is a local car wash offering. I am not sure what to offer to buy them from who has them but would like to make a fair offer. Do any of you have any suggestions? I have never purchased a non- name brand sign.

Thanks for any help.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Last edited by Oldgas; Mon Jul 28 2014 05:26 PM. Reason: edit to put item name in title
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
O
OP Offline
O
Any thoughts on what I should offer would be helpful?

From what I can tell they are a local or regional car wash offering not a brand. Spray wax that was commonly referred to by car washes when wax coatings first were offered. These can be seen in newsprint ads. It was a new thing in the mid 60s. Small chains often branded new offerings. History of car wash wax applications date them between mid 60s to late 70s.

That is all i could figure out. I still think they are interesting and like the stylized cartoons.

Cheers,
John
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Those are pretty neat!! Although I can't help on value, I thing even in rough shape they would be popular because of the graphics.

Good oil cans don't wait for people, people wait for them.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
These are neat, interestingly enough sign manufacturers are trying to duplicate this very look rust, paint over spray and all. These repop signs go for $10.00 to $30.00 each. If it were me to be fair I would offer $40.00 each.

Have gas all the time

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved