Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#558526 - Tue Aug 05 2014 10:29 PM Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay
Ed Steagall Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tucson, Az. USA
frown Reproduction Mobil Pegasus E-Bay # 161386463637 This is a handmade example that I don't think will be mass produced. It does look like a NOS right out of the box, too good to be true. Even down to T-57 on the belly. No pictures of the back of course, but go into his "see other items" he has a motorcycle for sale and the unpainted Pegasus is beside the bike. It has the back enclosed so it can be painted and face either way. eek
Ed.

#558530 - Tue Aug 05 2014 10:53 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Ed Steagall]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Header says USED, Description says NEW

#558534 - Tue Aug 05 2014 10:59 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Dick Bennett]
Mike M. Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Western, WI.
Repop Cookie Cutter

Well at least his description tells the truth!!!

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.

#558536 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:04 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Mike M.]
Highway66 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: SANTA MONICA, CA
eBay ID #161386484086 Thoughts on his clock for sale?

#558537 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:05 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Mike M.]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Repop Cookie Cutter

BUT, DUMMY'S DON'T READ Descriptions!

#558542 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:12 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Dick Bennett]
DWSheffer Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
The description has changed a lot from what it was this morning when I looked at it. Originally it did not say it was a reproduction, but anyone who knows much about originals knew it just "wasn't right" after looking at the photos closely.
Darin

Edited by DWSheffer (Tue Aug 05 2014 11:13 PM)

#558543 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:14 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Dick Bennett]
Mike M. Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Western, WI.
Amen DB! Some students ride the bus to school every day but that doesn't mean there going to learn anything!
I contacted him to please change his listing to new.

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.

#558545 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:20 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Mike M.]
henlovestoys Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bay Area, CA
But ... It is T-57 wink

#558546 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:20 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: DWSheffer]
JUNK KING Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oklahoma
These are popping up all over the place. I've met 3 diffrent people making them in Texas alone. Most have been aluminum but I have seen 1 made of steel. The ones I've seen were very well made but also obviously not real.
then again I know cookie cutters a novice might buy 1 as real.

#558548 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:26 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: JUNK KING]
DWSheffer Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
Since the prices of these have steadily risen over the last couple years it was only a matter of time before we would see these hit the market. I guess my biggest issue with the one in question is the "T-57" marking......IMHO that is only there for one reason, and that is to fool someone "down the road". Someone who is new to the hobby, doesn't do the research and know what they are buying, or takes it at face value. While the current listing for this item is honest, buyer #3 could be the potential victim down the road.
Darin

Edited by DWSheffer (Tue Aug 05 2014 11:28 PM)

#558549 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:28 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: JUNK KING]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Here is an item I created & had cast in Red Brass 15yrs ago that recently sold [our buddy w/ Alum. White Eagle!]. I also did some for POLLY, GILMORE & HANCOCK.
Oil Dispenser Lid

#558554 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:36 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Dick Bennett]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
... cool

Attachments
mob22.JPG

#558585 - Wed Aug 06 2014 05:25 AM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: DWSheffer]
mcguffeyd1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Originally Posted By: DWSheffer
The description has changed a lot from what it was this morning when I looked at it. Originally it did not say it was a reproduction, but anyone who knows much about originals knew it just "wasn't right" after looking at the photos closely.
Darin

Yep it sure did change a lot! Lots of issues with this sign. All I can and will say is small details. Almost as good as cheeses repops. Good looking repop and would fool a lot of newbies and some vets. Heck I had to look twice and stare. Ask Darin I talked to him first thing in the morning LOL.
Dan

#558624 - Wed Aug 06 2014 10:41 AM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: mcguffeyd1]
Ed Steagall Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tucson, Az. USA
wink Imagine down the road a few years, a few chips in the paint and some aging.... did you all see the Harley Rocker at Iowa Gas that was "aged" and later pulled for being a "rustoration" The T-57 on the belly tells the real intentions of the creator. whistle
Ed.

#558677 - Wed Aug 06 2014 03:18 PM Re: Homemade Cookie Cutter on E-Bay [Re: Mike M.]
Redfishangler Offline

Loc: Florida (Space coast)
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Repop Cookie Cutter

Not sure if he is an OG member or not, but the seller is a super honest guy. I have bought several gas/oil signs from him over the years and have never had a problem what so ever. He did contact me several months back, (sent pics of new peggy) and represented it as a repop from the get-go(I prefer the real deal). So there is no question (in my mind) from past transactions and his listing description that he is representing his stuff correctly. The t-57 may become an issue down the road (buyer #3) as Darin mentioned, but an educated buyer should know the difference t-57 or not. (but it SHOULD be marked on there somewhere that its a repop)Just my 2cents worth.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved