Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#559442 Sat Aug 09 2014 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
So i am very curious about these grades of fuel. In my collection i have some mobilfuel items. I have two plates and one diesel special plate. I have one diesel globe as well. My question is "Did they make a Mobilfuel Diesel Special Globe?". If so has anyone seen one or have one? I know these plates are very difficult to find so i expect the globe to be more scarce if ever made. I see a listing in the Mobil collectors book but no photos.
Also i have looked and looked for a Mobilfuel Diesel Medium plate as well. They made three grades but have never seen this plate (kind of think there may not be a plate) could have been just a decal to go on a normal plate.
So any info would be great!

This is the style and era, so it would be pre- 1962.
Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
mcguffeyd1 #559449 Sat Aug 09 2014 09:01 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
In reviewing hundreds of collections to compile the various Gas Pump Globe Books, as far back as 1990 (books 1994/1999 set/2012 ebook), there has never been a Mobilfuel Diesel Special globe surface. In constructing the last revision of the book, the 2012 ebook,over 50,000 photos were reviewed. Through all that, we've never seen one. All that means, though, is that it hasn't surfaced yet. We "discover" an average of three new globe designs a week. So maybe tomorrow.

Wayne Henderson
Author of the gas pump globe books
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
Kernersville, NC

Wayne Henderson
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
Kernersville, NC

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved