Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
hri_2008 #559451 Sat Aug 09 2014 09:22 PM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I am only going to put the neon on this sign that was there. My other one like this is exactly the same but the can or outside was still there. It also had the neon holes in the bottom of the outside can do that the neon could go around the outside like a shell neon sign. Yes I have used Rod at Northern lights in Monroe and also Don here at Twilight neon. Both are very good, and Rod has the years on Don. Have the neon made already just trying to decide if I want to put the other side on mine because they are the same or just make up another correct can for this one. Thoughts on that anyone ?

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Was it an original 2 sided sign? Keep it that way. That's my thoughts...

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Both of the sides that I have were I believe from a double sided sign. They both have the edge that allows for the porcelain side panels and also the front access panel. If it were a single sided it probably would not have the access front panel, you could just reach in from the back. Would really make this sign heavy though putting it back all together with transformers, both porcelain sides, porcelain side panels, and metal angle iron inside framing.
That is why I took the steel frame out and made an aluminum angle iron framework so that it was lighter, worked the same, but allowed for the other side if I had found one.
Now that I did, does that many people really use the double side or do they just hang on the wall.

DSC02444.JPG

Craig
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved