Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#559905 - Mon Aug 11 2014 07:30 PM Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$
SeanCarder Offline

Loc: Ontario
If you have any porcelain signs you are willing to sell at a reasonable price comment on this post or send me a PM!

#559912 - Mon Aug 11 2014 07:51 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: SeanCarder]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
ebay search does not recognize this user name; Xmonkeybawlzz

#559914 - Mon Aug 11 2014 07:55 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: Dick Bennett]
texacokie Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
ebay search does not recognize this user name; Xmonkeybawlzz

You must look in baallz.

#559915 - Mon Aug 11 2014 07:56 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: Dick Bennett]
SeanCarder Offline

Been a member on eBay since 2010. Haven't sold anything though

#559918 - Mon Aug 11 2014 07:58 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: SeanCarder]
SeanCarder Offline

I'm am 22 just starting in antiques. Looking to buy

#559919 - Mon Aug 11 2014 08:09 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: SeanCarder]
minuteman Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Big Sky Country
"sell at a reasonable price"

that wording might not get you much here....this is a
NO MEAT ON THE BONE ZONE....LOL

#559924 - Mon Aug 11 2014 08:22 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: SeanCarder]
K W FRITH Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
You are on a collector site and you're asking for prospective sellers to be reasonable in their pricing to you, so that you are able to make a profit on the flip????????
I guess everyone wants someone to sell to them reasonably enough, but to find someone that would do the leg work for you, to make your enterprise profitable, is pretty far fetched, even in todays dreamer world!!!!
The collectors on these pages aren't really interested in what an item costs, more that the item they purchase is worth the money they have to pay. They all sell a few items to help fund the collecting addiction, but it certainly isn't at a level where some newby picker can make his wages off the daily finds of these collectors!
There are a certain amount of pickers that frequent these pages too, but unless they are very savvy, they generally pay too much for their inventory and rarely get anything sold because their prices are so darn high!
You would do well to concentrate your time and effort on ebay and Craigs list, to pick thru the offerings of those who just want to dump some excess property for quick cash!
I know of no successful pickers out there that have people calling them up with all of the inventory they might need? Just doesn't happen! You want to be successful at this---get out and do the leg work! Spend 12 to 15 hours a day on the computer---spend money on newspaper ads, drive hundreds of miles to auction sales--make a good name for your self--never cheat anyone--get to know a whole lot of people and maybe someday, someone will give you a call! MAYBE??
Cell#-701-739-6133

#559925 - Mon Aug 11 2014 08:27 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: K W FRITH]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
...and don't believe everything you see on TV.

#559930 - Mon Aug 11 2014 08:32 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: K W FRITH]
Maxgas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Augusta, Maine, USA
Once again Kevin Has acted as a true ambassador to the hobby. Do yourself a favor and read it over as many times as it takes to sink it in. He speaks the truth and offers great advice.
Good luck.

#559935 - Mon Aug 11 2014 08:39 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: minuteman]
SeanCarder Offline

Just figured there might be more people on here doing the same as me.

#559939 - Mon Aug 11 2014 08:42 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: Maxgas]
SeanCarder Offline

So when I do find people selling & I post the signs on here at a good price you guys aren't going to jump all over it? Yeah right!

#559945 - Mon Aug 11 2014 09:06 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: Dick Bennett]
THERMOMAN Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: smyrna, de USA
Welcome to oldgas....you are destined to flounder like the hoards of others before you.

#559947 - Mon Aug 11 2014 09:09 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: K W FRITH]
huskybob Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Near Tracy Rock
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH

There are a certain amount of pickers that frequent these pages too, but unless they are very savvy, they generally pay too much for their inventory and rarely get anything sold because their prices are so darn high!

Case in point....... started out at $4,500 now down to $2,000 after the:
"BIG PRICE REDUX.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=555910#Post555910

#559949 - Mon Aug 11 2014 09:18 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: THERMOMAN]
SeanCarder Offline

People are harsh on oldgas. You think they would try to help a younger guy that appreciates antique signs. Not try to put him down lol

#559950 - Mon Aug 11 2014 09:20 PM Re: Who has porcelain signs for sale? Be reasonable $$ [Re: huskybob]
Neil Gerrard Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canby, Oregon
there seems to be a trend on this site and others, HAMB and AACA come to mind that a group of seasoned collectors, aka "old guys" are easy picking. Just hit up somebody who's spent years in a hobby, chances are they'll be out of touch on some stuff and are ready to be taken. American Pickers has made it popular and look easy. The people like Sean here just don't understand how anyone can possibly be offended by them wanting to take advantage of someone's ignorance or lack of knowledge.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog2 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved