Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#561780 Mon Aug 18 2014 09:35 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Seems like more and more that i get issues with eBay sellers not abiding by the rules. Have had a person harassing me to pay them more for shipping on an item over the past month. I did notice the seller does not sell globes and that this was one of the first they have. I contacted the seller and asked them to pack it double boxed and insured with a signature confirmation. Lets just say none of that happened and i got the box all beat up.

Large wide body globe and two lenses packed in a flimsy box. Not stellar packing by any means. Plus got home and found it on the front porch for over 8 hrs, where was the signature confirmation. It is lucky it didnt get stolen.

So this person has been contacting me over and over asking for more money, I sent them a check for the difference (which was more than a globe cost to mail) which they claimed to have never gotten. I believe they are holding the check as it has not cleared. Finally had to contact eBay to threaten them to stop. Hope that works as i am fed up with this seller. I made a mistake by agreeing to send them more cash. Shame on me, never again will i do that.

Moral of the story is to make the sellers man up to what they post for shipping cost. If your a seller and cannot get a decent quote then dont sell it until that quote is in hand.

Seems like the last month or so it has gotten worse and have received alot of broken items from sellers. No one cares anymore.

Off my soap box.
Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Did the globe and lenses make it?

Sellers/buyers can't harass each other for long before E-bay will step in.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Mike M. #561784 Mon Aug 18 2014 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Did the globe and lenses make it?

Sellers/buyers can't harass each other for long before E-bay will step in.

Yep it made it, surprisingly.
Stinks i had to call eBay tonight about the issue. Dont like doing that but i know i am in the right here. I did the best i could but wont let this keep going on and on.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Until check is cashed you Haven't paid them & they take the chance of you Stopping Payment! FOOLISHNESS on their part.

I suggest you use a P.O. BOX for all packages.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Until check is cashed you Haven't paid them & they take the chance of you Stopping Payment! FOOLISHNESS on their part.

I suggest you use a P.O. BOX for all packages.

Not going to stop payment, Just looked it up for my bank and it is $33. Would just cost more money. PO Box is a good ideal though, or may just start shipping them to my office

Last edited by mcguffeyd1; Mon Aug 18 2014 10:10 PM.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tell seller checks are not honored after 30 Days. That should get their attn.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've had a few sellers request more money for shipping. I have refused to pay the extra, simply because I would not have bid as high as I did because I factor the shipping into my bid. Since, I can't change my bid after the fact, the same must apply to the shipping.

Another trend lately on e-Bay is sellers not offering combined shipping. I have left negative feedback for a few sellers on this issue. When I have had sellers refuse combined shipping on multiple wins. I send them a message saying that is fine. But, since I'm paying individual shipping on the items; I expect them to arrive in individual packages. If they arrive in one package then I leave them negative feedback.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have had this kind of stuff happen also. When I sell something I will eat the extra shipping costs before doing this to a customer. It was my fault anyway.

Last edited by Keystone Gas Man; Tue Aug 19 2014 04:22 AM.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
When I have had sellers refuse combined shipping on multiple wins. I send them a message saying that is fine. But, since I'm paying individual shipping on the items; I expect them to arrive in individual packages. If they arrive in one package then I leave them negative feedback.

in that case I'd have them sent too different addresses... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yeah... shipping has been more frustrating lately than in the past. not sure why? maybe since more and more flippers are entering the scene.

the last 4 signs that I bought of 36" or greater were packaged by using two flat pieces of cardboard taped together. 2 of the signs were completely outside of cardboard at arrival, other two had ripped the tape and were exposed.

its pretty simple why this happens, greediness & laziness. i email every seller i buy from and explain to them to WRAP the sign in cardboard layers, dont SANDWICH it in cardboard - big difference between the two.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
BryceG #561864 Tue Aug 19 2014 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHAT, No ZIP TIES?
DUCT Tape around edges is much Better than packing tape.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Not to mention the flip side. I am experiencing more and more people not paying for an item they either bid on or made an offer on. Then as a seller we are held hostage until the "case" is closed.

Jamie P #561913 Tue Aug 19 2014 03:35 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jamie P
Not to mention the flip side. I am experiencing more and more people not paying for an item they either bid on or made an offer on. Then as a seller we are held hostage until the "case" is closed.

JOYS of having your own Business, Real World.

BryceG #562023 Wed Aug 20 2014 06:49 AM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I have a separate issue that has plagued me over shipping to Canada and just happened again. Combined shipping and the amount that ebay charged was not quite half of what it cost to ship. Then the buyer had to pay the import charges. The total was not what I had to pay for the shipping, and the buyer just could not get it. He figured he had paid the bill with his fee he was charged only to leave me about $35.00 short. Again going to Canada, and I think I have had this post before.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I recently had a couple of signs shipped...as I have experienced negligent so-called packing jobs in the past, I sent the seller a detailed diagram on how to build a crate, and how to pack the signs within that crate, to avoid damage...not only did the seller honor his rather low original shipping quote - he built a fantastic crate and packed the signs EXACTLY as I requested...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved