Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#561866 - Tue Aug 19 2014 01:16 PM Sinclair neon takes a beating from the hail !
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Fredericktown Missouri
Well , my neon has been inside in storage at the old place and I moved it this past weekend to our lower walk out basement were I had some of my pumps till I get the shop built because i close on my old property Thursday . Shame on me for not putting in the base ment or ever finishing the eyebrow like DB mentioned last fall as I actually had started one but never finished it . Me and my kids watched for 5 or so minutes as it blasted everything , most were golf ball sized but rough shaped peices , it only got 3 letters , neon tubes are actually pretty dang tough , it broke the neon only on the ends were the GTO wire goes in , my neon guy suggested this method with individual letters and I am glad I took his advise .......I will get the 3 letters replaced and others tested and hopefully have you all some new pics this fall sporting a eye brow . Lol.

Attachments
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 47reo-travis (Tue Aug 19 2014 02:44 PM)

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#561867 - Tue Aug 19 2014 01:18 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: 47reo-travis]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

More pics .

Attachments
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 47reo-travis (Tue Aug 19 2014 01:22 PM)
Edit Reason: Pic

#561877 - Tue Aug 19 2014 01:37 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: 47reo-travis]
Highway66 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: SANTA MONICA, CA
OUCH! I had a nice automobile destroyed here in Arizona back a few years ago due to hail. I feel your pain brother. It's even worse when you have no choice but to sit back and eat popcorn watching it.

#561878 - Tue Aug 19 2014 01:38 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: 47reo-travis]
rbonitz Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Chester County, PA
Ouch.... That hurts!

We had a hail storm earlier in the year that totaled cars - so at least your trucks survived!

Ray

#561879 - Tue Aug 19 2014 01:46 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: rbonitz]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
looks like it hit pretty hard, golf ball size... cool

#561881 - Tue Aug 19 2014 01:51 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: advertologist]
Gasman84470 Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Calgary AB
Too bad Travis. But it could have been worse as you said. We've had a number of big storms out here the last big one last week one hundred million damage planes cars RVs and homes.
Look forward to seeing it lit up again.

#561883 - Tue Aug 19 2014 02:18 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: Gasman84470]
Steven C. Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Wow that had to be stressful to just sit and watch!!

#561885 - Tue Aug 19 2014 02:28 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: Steven C.]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Ah , as Dave for Georgia says its just stuff , I will get her fixed and have it lit in no time . I just wanted to share how tough the neon tube really is . I had some of the best sunflowers ever this year , Now they look like a ostrich with the mange ! Lol

#561900 - Tue Aug 19 2014 04:32 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: 47reo-travis]
texacokie Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oklahoma
Man Travis that is just painfull to look at!

#561907 - Tue Aug 19 2014 05:18 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: texacokie]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Now your gonna have to sell MY Pumpkins to Repair YOUR Neon!
Wrap Something around the Visible Cylinder BEFORE it gets Broke. Might have to sell Youngest Kid to replace w/ original glass.

#561960 - Tue Aug 19 2014 08:54 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: Dick Bennett]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
8 letters x2 electrodes = 16. Three out of 16 ain't too bad.

But, it's still disappointing.

#561977 - Tue Aug 19 2014 10:14 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: Dave's Garage]
bsplichal95 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hays, Kansas
Not good! Thats unfortunate, but **** happens!

#561981 - Tue Aug 19 2014 10:22 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: bsplichal95]
mcguffeyd1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Sorry to here that. Me being a sinclair guy as well, lets just say that SUCKS!!

#561983 - Tue Aug 19 2014 10:29 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: bsplichal95]
JUNK KING Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oklahoma
Hey Travis hate to hear about the storm damage. Could have been worse from the looks of that hail. Hope to see it repaired and relit soon.

#561991 - Tue Aug 19 2014 10:46 PM Re: Sinclair neon take a beating from the hail . [Re: JUNK KING]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Ya could have shoved it under 1 of the trucks & it would have been Protected!

How many Pennies did the kids find? Never heard of it raining/hailing Pennies.
As a kid in Mo., walking in a field after a Heavy Rain, I Did see several live Catfish. It Does Rain Fish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved