Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#562272 Wed Aug 20 2014 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Sign is a dangerous version of the Mobilgas Keyhole. This has been discussed before but this is one of the first fakes i have seen surface in months. These are dated like the originals and made to look NOS, kinda... I have 3 of these (originals) in my possession and have found out the little issues with these falsely dated fakes.

First off the fake are too white and there is no shelving, for lack of a better term, on the paint. These are SST signs. Question:Why take such junky pics of a sign you are trying to get 750 out of....? There is too much odd with this. i have a list of oddities but will not post them as i do not want to help criminals falsify them better.

So please take my word for it and pass on this sign if thinking of buying one. I am not writing this because i currently have one for auction. Just trying to help someone from making a bad mistake.

If you question my opinion please contact me via PM and i will answer any questions and explain differences.
Thanks
Dan

ebay: 151388443536

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is a photo of two version (Regular and Special) that are correct for comparison.
Dan

One in better condition

Special Version:

The shelving, paint layering, on an original:

The backside:

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved