Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Too much Law School!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Originally Posted By: gr8_signfinds
Is that not the purpose of this value questions forum?

Ha ha.

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
Lmao! Tell em guys! LOVE THIS!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just sad….. I can't believe this is what the value forum has become..

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: bsplichal95

Greed has no conscience.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I saw the pump in person tonight. Very straight with only a few minor dings and dents, no rust, looks to me the glass is original and he says it is. Has had the pump since 1981. It was originally branded Texaco and it came out of CA.

He's a Harley guy and wanted it looking this way. I would say body is all original and so are all of the tags. Like I said I know nothing about pumps but it looked A LOT nicer than ones I've seen sell at auction for $1500 and up. Glass is mint, it looks complete to me. The seller wanted it gone and offered it to me for $1200 cash, I really think he would have taken 1000 if I tried. I ended up buying 3 nice porcelain signs from him at a reasonable price (all that he had).

My brother bought his 2012 ice castle fish house. He needs and wants to sell things because of woman trouble and it didn't appear money was his motivation to sell. He just needs to get rid of stuff and he has a LOT of it!

I did not buy the pump nor do I want to. It's not my interest and although I'm sure I could make a profit on it, I would prefer to pass the guy's info along to anyone who is interested in it.

He wants to move it quickly. I have his phone #. Send me a PM if you want it. I am not offering to pick it up or transport it or ship it for anyone. Just wanted to share in case someone want's to check it out. This is not the kind of guy who will take Paypal or hold it for you or ship it. He seems like he will only deal in person or on the phone.

Curiosity was the initial reason I asked. I also had to consider buying it if the price was right for my business which is only a business because I sell a boat load on ebay and I pay my taxes because I'm American and support the system.

No conscience? Mistakes, yes - everyone has. Greedy and looking to rip people off or abuse the knowledge members have of petroliana? Nope, all misconception. I buy and sell. I work a 40 hr week like everybody else. This is my hobby, my second job, and my passion. Not just petroliana. All cool and original American advertising much of which I have saved from being junked or destroyed. I will never have the knowledge that many members here have. That is why I find value in the value forum.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gr8_signfinds
I saw the pump in person tonight. Very straight with only a few minor dings and dents...I could make a profit on it... I did not buy the pump nor do I want to...Is that not the purpose of this value questions forum?

Make no sense

image.jpg
Last edited by Oilcanman87; Wed Aug 20 2014 11:25 PM.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: bsplichal95

...yeah, who could have seen that coming? wink

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe you should name your next child "ebay"......but for now I would stick to ice castle fish stuff

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You guys are way too thin skinned today..so am I, so i am locking th is thread

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved