Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#562488 Thu Aug 21 2014 08:00 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I realize this is not specifically Gas & Oil related but, because so many of us enjoy a wide variety of vintage objects, I thought some folks on here would be interested. This could be old news to most of you as I may have overlooked the information if previously posted.

Just visited my PO Box today to find the August 18th edition of "Antique Week".
Following is an article within......

Harold Wayne "Woody" Woodrum Sr., 57, died unexpectedly at his home on July 8th.

Born and raised in Dayton, Ohio, he graduated from Northridge High School and served in the United States Army. During that time, he was buying and selling antiques and collectibles, often sending material home from where he was stationed. After being discharged, he attended auctioneering school in 1979, subsequently calling sales in Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee

Woodrum also set up at antiques shows and swap meets. He became hooked on the antiques business when he bought a neon advertising clock for $35 and sold it two days later for $65.

He founded Wayne's Clocks in 1981 in New Carlisle, Ohio, specializing in neon, motion and light-up clocks, parts and repairs. He also set up at a number of antique, advertising and petroliana shows, including Ohio Gas in Dayton; Dixie Gas near Sevierville, Tenn.; Indy Antique Advertising Show, Indianapolis: Cincinnati Antique Toy & Advertising Show, Cincinnati, Ohio; the annual Labor Day antique shoe at Hillsville, VA.; Chicagoland Antique Advertising, Slot-Machine & Jukebox Show; and the Extravaganza at the Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market, Springfield, Ohio.

In addition to his interest in antiques, Woodrum was a member of the Masonic Lodge in New Carlisle, Ohio.

Survivors include his wife, Shirley A. Woodrum; son, Harold Wayne Woddrum Jr.; daughter, Sheila (Scott) Kamper; six grandchildren, Jakeb, Leanne, Kami, Holly, Laura, and Henry; parents, Jeannette (Eddie) Howard and Johney (Faye) Woodrum; brothers and sisters, Vickie Douglas, Barb Woodrum, Greg (Tammy) Woodrum, Johney (Linda) Woodrum and Hallie (Jeff) Dallas; step-brother, Shane Moore; and numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, relatives and friends.

Services were July 12th at the Trostel, Chapman, Dunbar & Fraley Funeral Home in New Carlisle.

Memorial contributions may be made in his honor to the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association or any military association.

Last edited by OK Used Cars; Thu Aug 21 2014 08:05 PM.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
So sad to hear!

Does anyone know if they closed his company? I literally was about to order parts.

Mike
strnge #562509 Fri Aug 22 2014 12:01 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I just spoke to his wife about two weeks ago, they are still open. I happened to have placed an order just while this was all happening and didnt know until I called to check on the order. It is very sad and my heart went out to her as she explained what was going on. it sounded to me she had every intention for the business to continue. She told me to call back anytime to submit new orders.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Really sorry to hear about Wayne. He helped me many times to get parts for clocks. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

drafter #562526 Fri Aug 22 2014 05:33 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
So sorry to hear this..Met & bought from him many times at the Coin Op. show here in St. Charles Il.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I just called all 3 of the numbers listed for him. No answer and the mailbox is full.

Mike
coheley5 #562738 Sat Aug 23 2014 05:46 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very sad to hear,he always helped me with my clocks,my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

strnge #562854 Sat Aug 23 2014 06:06 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Yeah strnge, that's normal. I called multiple times before I managed to get a hold of someone. Keep trying, don't bother leaving messages.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved