Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Jamie P #562752 Sat Aug 23 2014 08:48 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I hear you, I've found that the number of high bidders that don't pay / change their mind is really increasing. There is really no downside anymore for bidders now that sellers arent allowed to give feedback. I just go into the ebay conflict resolution as soon as possible so that the item isn't tied up too long! Also, seems like I've had a rash of people buying "pick-up only items" and then assuming I'll ship for free, even when I put in bold letters I wont ship. The gas and oil guys though seem to be really good, it's when I sell car parts I have more problems! Ive been doing flat shipping/handling fees lately, thats been a lot easier, reduced headaches.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Paul Bell #562839 Sat Aug 23 2014 04:17 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I was selling a pedal car as a "pick-up only" and this guy 3000 miles away buys the car. He then asks if I can get him a shipping quote from UPS. I did and they quoted me $200. So this buyer then opens a case against me claiming I'm ripping him off by over charging for shipping. To make matters worse he paid with a credit card. So when he opened the case and froze the money, I had to pay a $20 fee back to the credit card company for a refund to settle the case. I was livid. I called Paypal and they did nothing for me except recommend pay the fee and move on. I have since lost faith in mankind.

Paul Bell #562851 Sat Aug 23 2014 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Paul Bell
I hear you, I've found that the number of high bidders that don't pay / change their mind is really increasing. There is really no downside anymore for bidders now that sellers arent allowed to give feedback. I just go into the ebay conflict resolution as soon as possible so that the item isn't tied up too long! Also, seems like I've had a rash of people buying "pick-up only items" and then assuming I'll ship for free, even when I put in bold letters I wont ship. The gas and oil guys though seem to be really good, it's when I sell car parts I have more problems! Ive been doing flat shipping/handling fees lately, thats been a lot easier, reduced headaches.

PICKUP ONLY & when they email asking for shipping Have THEM ARRANGE IT. DON'T even offer to Crate.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yeah, I've done the "go ahead and arrange shipping yourself route" before. That's when reality usually hits them, wow, it really is expensive to ship this. Then they get creative, asking me if I plan on going on any trips there way, or go to greyhound, or something like that. Its OK, I'm kind of used to people not reading the ebay descriptions at this point. I do block bidders once they've done this though.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Paul Bell #562866 Sat Aug 23 2014 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Start doing a Water Mark across pictures; READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE BIDDING.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I sold a large oven hood on eBay and had pick up only and a guy 500 miles bought it any way . I called him and we did work it out , I carried it to a trucking company dropped it off he gave them a credit card number they crated it and shipped . I know it's not always that easy but that is the best way I have found.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved