Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#563758 - Wed Aug 27 2014 04:01 PM Same sign?
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
...wow...not that DB needs anyone to fight his battles, but his contributions to this site (AND the hobby) dwarf any that the Picker-Come-Lately crowd will ever make - because their motivation is money, and their inspiration is Reality TV...

...if you want to know what Oldgas would be like without people like DB, Jack Sim, etc., go on Facebook, and browse some of the gas station memorabilia pages...it's pathetic...the discussion gets about as in-depth as 'is it for sale?' or 'how much?'...

...one more thing: it seems obvious to me that if you're going to buy an item/items on eBay and then turn around and list them on eBay, it would be advisable to make sure the old listing is ended, before starting your listing...

#563760 - Wed Aug 27 2014 04:24 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: gulfiend!]
Keystone Gas Man Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Parkersburg, WV 26101
Mark, I agree. DB and Jack have forgotten more than I will ever know.

Edited by Keystone Gas Man (Wed Aug 27 2014 04:26 PM)

#563772 - Wed Aug 27 2014 04:48 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: Keystone Gas Man]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
Its all right Dick, l still like you!

#563773 - Wed Aug 27 2014 04:49 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: KZ1000]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif

#563774 - Wed Aug 27 2014 04:51 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: Keystone Gas Man]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Fredericktown Missouri
Old gas web sight I like .....Face book etc , i don't like ...... All the fun and poking and drama here I do like , keeps it interesting to read! Some nights I can't wait to get home. And lots of great stories and pictures and a wealth of knowledge that I think most do appreciate.

#563775 - Wed Aug 27 2014 04:52 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: 47reo-travis]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Fredericktown Missouri
Oh , DB cartoons are another bonus.

#563776 - Wed Aug 27 2014 04:58 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: 47reo-travis]
57tbirdkid Offline
TBA Feature Host

Loc: NY
DB is a HUGE asset to this site and the hobby...Mark is 110 percent corrrect. Dick tells it the way it is plain and simple.

#563779 - Wed Aug 27 2014 05:06 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: 57tbirdkid]
Oilcanman87 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan
DB has his own way of saying things like a lot do, sometimes it's like salt in a cut but it's still good info, it's what you do with that info that matters. Sometimes I just login and read and copy and paste some "Petro tidbits" as I call it.

I've learned so much from him and many others and I'm great full for the knowledge.

Edited by Oilcanman87 (Wed Aug 27 2014 05:07 PM)

#563783 - Wed Aug 27 2014 05:22 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: 47reo-travis]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
My vote is with DB or anyone else that contributes on a regular basis. Most pickers or flippers I don't mind and there is room for them in the hobby. But, I've had my fill of these e-Bay clowns. Simply here to promote their business and using this site to sell or buy items without contributing to any threads from a knowledge base are useless to me.

I wouldn't sympathize with any of these handful of e-Bay clowns. You won't see me suckholing up to them. I haven't bought an item from any of them and never will. Surely, they wouldn't be buying for me as I'd be making sure not to leave any meat on the bone for them.

The drama is caused by them (same handful) and their only concern...a quick flip. Trying to sell the item before it's in their possession, before the sellers had a chance to remove the listing...ect.

They're like a cancer on the hobby.

#563787 - Wed Aug 27 2014 05:42 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: Dave's Garage]
Mike M. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Western, WI.
My 2 cents.... If you in this hobby for the enjoyment of collecting, learning and searching for the items you love. This is the perfect site.
If your a picker or a picker want a be, this is the perfect site to learn all about this hobby.
If your trying to make a living buying and selling Petroliana this isn't the best site because members very seldom are going to pay you your asking price.
If you want to sell a sign for $7500 that you just paid $2500 on here it better be a rare one or this isn't the place to sell it.

And I have no problem selling an item that I found somewhere just to throw on e-bay and make a few bucks!!!
But no one can ever question my honesty about said item!

DB, Jack Sim, Ron Scobie, Randy Jones and many others have taught me so much in this Hobby and I believe they have over all these years because, I earned their respect and have always been honest with them!

We have seen quite a few new members get all wound up when they feel they are not getting the respect they think they deserve....well I had to earn mine it wasn't given to me!!!

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.

#563794 - Wed Aug 27 2014 06:09 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: Mike M.]
Gasman84470 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Calgary AB
Ditto on Mike's comments.
Great site to learn from and meet people virtually and in person if you want to! And you don't have to date them either.

#563797 - Wed Aug 27 2014 06:26 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: Gasman84470]
indiananationals Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: indiana
Don't fear the future of the hobby its great what all these people have done but there is a young generation that will one day run this I have bought and sold to Anthony at rhr many times he is a good dude.

#563800 - Wed Aug 27 2014 06:53 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: indiananationals]
Mike M. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Western, WI.
Originally Posted By: indiananationals
Don't fear the future of the hobby its great what all these people have done but there is a young generation that will one day run this I have bought and sold to Anthony at rhr many times he is a good dude.

Another member who hasn't earned the respect of others on this site sticks up for the same thing.....IMO, No offense but that means the future of this hobby will be a very dishonest, rule breaking bunch LOL

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.

#563801 - Wed Aug 27 2014 07:05 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: Mike M.]
philmccauley Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bardstown, KY USA
DB is a Dick!!!! I couldn't resist.

Edited by philmccauley (Wed Aug 27 2014 07:06 PM)

#563802 - Wed Aug 27 2014 07:12 PM Re: Same sign? [Re: philmccauley]
hri_2008 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: .
Where did this start? I don't read as many postings as many of you above. What item on ebay? Where is the thread you speak of?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved