I think many of us here have come across some of the recently made 16" x 12" decorative tin signs selling across North American for $9-$20 made by Desperate Enterprises.

As a seller of those signs at local car shows and markets for the past 6 years, only tonight did I find out about the passing of the company founder Bob Secrist 1934-2013.
My latest catalog from the company writes in part.

Bob was a antique dealer having one of the greatest collections of advertising collectibles in the United States.
Much of the antique signs and posters that Cracker Barrel Restaurants show on the walls of the stores nationwide went thru Bobs hands at some point.

After nearly two decades as an antique dealer, Bob noticed a trend taking over his beloved industry. Beautiful and more valuable pieces were being bought up by wealthier collectors never to be seen again.
In 1987 he started Desperate Enterprises. His goal was to produce a product that could be sold at modest prices so "normal people" could enjoy the beautiful imagery he spent his life immersed in.

phillips.JPG