Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#564996 - Mon Sep 01 2014 07:27 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Cold Pizza]
Ryan Underthun Online   content

Loc: Duluth, MN U.S.A
I just got home from the cabin. I caught wind of this from another oldgassser on Facebook on Sunday while in an area where I had phone coverage. I am very saddened to hear that Dick has passed away. Oldgas will never be the same. He was one of the Oldgas OG's..

Rip buddy.

Edited by Ryan Underthun (Mon Sep 01 2014 07:28 PM)

visit my website for original gas pumps and parts

www.thepumpdump.com

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#565001 - Mon Sep 01 2014 07:53 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Ryan Underthun]
Jarvis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Evansville, In
Dick will be missed for sure! Funny he would send a random pm about stuff on this site and I would smile when it would show up.
Godspeed my friend!

#565012 - Mon Sep 01 2014 08:23 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Jarvis]
st.rod Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Edgewater, Colorful Colorado
Quote Ryan..He was one of the Oldgas OG's..

I like that

Miss ya' buddy

#565019 - Mon Sep 01 2014 08:41 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: st.rod]
Tara Worsham Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Decatur, IL
Can anyone post a link to his obituary? We have been looking online, but can't find it.

#565025 - Mon Sep 01 2014 09:09 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Tara Worsham]
Oldgas Offline

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
Originally Posted By: Tara Worsham
Can anyone post a link to his obituary? We have been looking online, but can't find it.

When I find out, I'll share here.

#565063 - Mon Sep 01 2014 11:17 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Oldgas]
bsplichal95 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hays, Kansas
It's just tough to see this. Dick was a person full of humor and knowledge that nobody else will ever know. I never got to meet him, but boy I sure wish I could've. He was tough on me starting out here, but you know he has been absolutely great to me ever since. We PM'ed every once in awhile and always had a great time. I have one real close friend who has an immense amount of knowledge on this hobby also, just now one less man with that immense knowledge. He is in a better place now, but we have to suffer here over it. I know he would want us to move on and keep collecting! RIP Dick Bennett. I will miss that humor and knowledge.

#565101 - Tue Sep 02 2014 04:22 AM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: bsplichal95]
Gaspedler Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Lebanon, Indiana. USA
R.I.P. Dick!

You always had an honest answer I could trust to my questions over the years.
The loss of your knowledge, dry wit and humor on this website will surely be missed by many, for a long time to come.

Chuck

#565109 - Tue Sep 02 2014 07:07 AM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Gaspedler]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
We've been away since friday a.m. with 0 cell and internet service. Reading this this a.m. is just heartbreaking and shocking, I too was emailing and PMing with Dick just before we left, I too would smile when I saw another PM or especially an email from him, we chatted quite frequently about many issues. A few times I would not have a clue as to what he was saying, His comment back would be OOPS, that was supposed to go to someone else, Which now I understand seeing all the people he shared pms with could have got confusing.
I've never been to Iowa Gas and even as I am not as interested in collecting as I once was I still wanted to get to Iowa with the sole intention of meeting Dick and Mick.

Rest in Peace Dick, you will be missed.

#565121 - Tue Sep 02 2014 08:41 AM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: KZ1000]
nebrgas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Nebraska
Although I never met Dick in person, I reached out to him several times on pump questions and just last week on oil cans. He was always willing to share his extensive knowledge.

Thanks, Dick, you will be missed.

Dave

#565125 - Tue Sep 02 2014 09:05 AM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: nebrgas]
LSx Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: N.E Missouri
Just seeing this......

Very sorry to hear this. As I might not have had as much interaction with Dick as most of you have, he did help me out on a tin can a couple weeks ago. He didnt have to, but he reached out and offered his help got me going in the right direction. Now I have a tin can in my collection that I have been looking for.

I also enjoy reading his posts and comments. He will be missed for sure.

#565130 - Tue Sep 02 2014 09:30 AM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Rabbitman]
59fairlane Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Interlaken, NY
So sorry to hear this. Dick was one of a kind and will be missed. We traded oranges for NYS goodies and had fun with it. His wealth of knowledge will be missed. Prayers to his family. RIP Dick..

#565149 - Tue Sep 02 2014 12:00 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: 59fairlane]
KYGULF Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Central Kentucky
Prayers to DB's family and friends. I always enjoyed when I would look at the listing of topics and see where he typed the last post and would click on it to see his opinion or info he gave about it. As alot of others have mentioned he always was very quick to help answer any question.

Brian

#565182 - Tue Sep 02 2014 02:50 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
tom 2 tone Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: so. minnesota usa
Sad to hear. I miss him already, I always liked that guy! he knew A LOT of stuff.
Deepest sympathy goes out to Family and Friends!

#565228 - Tue Sep 02 2014 05:18 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: tom 2 tone]
publicenemy1925 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: OKC, OK
Very sad to hear of his passing. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

#565389 - Wed Sep 03 2014 01:15 AM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: publicenemy1925]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
I wrote this on another post, but thought it belonged here, because of all the help DB gave me.

I was in California when Dick passed. I was so busy I never looked on OG for over a week. Finally started looking at the posts here, but started with the newest ones, instead of the oldest ones. A subject came up and I emailed a question to DB, again not knowing all this. Really feel bad about his passing and my email.

Dick and I were close, we are both cynics, but DB was more verbal than I am.

Not many people know this but Dick on one of five people that helped me put values on all the gas pumps in my first book.

When I wrote the second book, he did all the values. I wanted to thank him in the book, but he said no. We emailed each other all the time and spoke on the phone often. I would kid him about his OG responses.

Some people think I am an expert on gas pumps, but true fully, Dick forgot more that I have ever learned, we are going to miss him here on OG.

Jack Sim

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved