Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >
Topic Options
#564232 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:14 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: philmccauley]
pumpingethyl Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey , CA
Shocked to hear this...I talked with him just the other day. I have known Dick for over 30 years and he always had the time to answer any questions I had, no matter how stupid they were, about pumps. Rest in peace "Professor"

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#564233 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:17 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: pumpingethyl]
mrcavalcade Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Wow, our deepest sympathy to his family and his close friends within the hobby and outside of it. What a great loss on so many fronts.

KEVIN

#564234 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:18 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: pasngas]
Dr Dave Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Lets pray this time goes as easily as it can for everyone.
Rest in eternal peace Mr. Bennett

#564235 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:19 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: pumpingethyl]
Jack R Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
So sorry to hear this. Prayers for his Wife

#564237 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:21 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: philmccauley]
Gasman84470 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Calgary AB
Dick, you bugger, that is a way too early exit from this mortal coil.
I was also the beneficiary of his expertise, his caustic humor and his very generous help and will greatly miss his presence on OG.
Rob, Bev and I would like to express our heart felt condolences to Judy.

#564239 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:24 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: pumpingethyl]
bustermonty Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Indianapolis IN USA
I am stunned to hear this. This sight won't be the same. Shared many laughs with him over the years in Iowa. I'll treasure the old Ford grease lid he gave me that he passed out in Iowa one year. My thoughts and prayers to his family and close friends. R.I.P. DB

#564240 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:27 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: oldnfuelish]
bowserman Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Zumbrota, MN
WOW! He was such an asset to the hobby. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

#564242 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:28 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: oldnfuelish]
mcguffeyd1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cincinnati
DB sent me this last week
The can master himself, he liked to tell stories and jokes. It was nice getting emails throughout the day at work. Always looked forward to checking my email.
Here is one of the last he sent me

"A prestigious cardiologist died, and was given an elaborate

funeral by the hospital he worked for most of his career.

A huge heart... covered in flowers stood behind the casket during the

service as all the doctors from the hospital sat in awe.. Following

the eulogy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled inside. The heart

then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever.

At that point, one of the mourners just burst into laughter. When all

eyes stared at him, he said,

'I'm so sorry... I was just thinking of my own funeral......I'm a
Gynecologist !'

The Priest fainted!"

DB, I miss ya buddy and hopefully we can all get you an oil can flower arrangement.
See you on the other side

Dan

Edited by mcguffeyd1 (Fri Aug 29 2014 07:31 PM)

#564245 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:36 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: mcguffeyd1]
ddkinsey Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: ca
Deepest sympathy to Dicks friends and family. I too have known and laughed with Dick for many years. The old gas family will always miss him because there will only be one Dick Bennett. So sad and unexpected.

#564247 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:37 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: mcguffeyd1]
57tbirdkid Offline
TBA Feature Host

Loc: NY
Very sorry to hear this. Dick was a great person and always went out of his way to help, but also teach in the process. My condolences to the family

#564248 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:39 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: mcguffeyd1]
Larry Nace Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Hartselle, Al, USA.
I was shocked to hear of the passing of Dick Bennett. I remember the first time I met him at Iowa Gas, I was able to personally thank him for all of his help and vast knowledge of gas pumps. He will be truly missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this most difficult time.

#564250 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:40 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: mcguffeyd1]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
I hope this is a joke...

If it is not, I am really going to miss the mean 'ol bast...!

db and I would converse often, a running joke with us was how many on Oldgas... Consider(ed) us to be "mean and cranky 'Ol Men"....

db always seemed to have the time to answer a question... He, at times, was "rough as bark" with his answers on Oldgas...

But, once one got beyond his "sarcasm" and proved to him that you could take it; and hit back with some of your own... He was a great guy to converse with...

And his knowledge was top-notch!

#564252 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:42 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: 57tbirdkid]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canad...
Very shocked and sorry to hear this news, my sympathies to Dick's family and extended family. His memory will live on here on Oldgas.
Ken.

#564253 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:43 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: 57tbirdkid]
gasmelincelr Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mass.
R.I.P.

#564254 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:44 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: 57tbirdkid]
Shotzy13 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: North Carolina
RIP Dick. Just reading these heartfelt posts brought tears to my eyes. Condolences to his family.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved