Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 >
Topic Options
#564255 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:50 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: 57tbirdkid]
1965CHPCSP Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Pikes Peak Region
Wow! What a shocker to log on tonight and read this news. As one of the newbies Dick always had time for me and my silly questions. One time I told him my dad's name was Dick also.....you know where that lead to.
I am going to miss his little DB'isms each day. What a huge loss.
Great guy and even better friend.
God Bless Dick and Prayers to Dick's family.
Mike

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#564256 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:51 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Shotzy13]
Scott Shipers Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri
I'm shocked to hear this.

R.I.P. Dick.

#564257 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:51 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Larry Nace]
jkyocom Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GA
I hate to have just learned this, though he was a pill sometimes, he will be GREATLY missed here.
He and I worked together to come up with the Veeder Root decals, and the sarcastic wit..!!!!
Dang I hate to hear this.
He is an ICON lost, the old guard is dying off.
I hope you are having a beer you old bass turd Dick 'Ol buddy !!!!
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

#564258 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:00 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: jkyocom]
Let er' Buck Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Greeley Colorado
Rest in peace Mr. Bennett
Prayers to his family and may you find peace as well during these
times...

#564259 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:02 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: jkyocom]
tomzcollectiblez Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: La Porte, In
The world lost a great guy and OUR Hobby Lost a LEGEND!
Rest In Peace DB! May your tombstone be shaped like a Gas Pump!!
Prayers for the Family! ~God Bless~
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes

#564260 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:03 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: jkyocom]
marky Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: methuen,mass 01844
wow when i joined a few years ago and didn't know much he helped me a lot
we chatted here all the time, gonna miss his funny comments on here.
rest easy
marky

#564261 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:04 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Rabbitman]
Craig Osbeck Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Portland Oregon
I can't believe it either, just had the emails here on a couple subjects. I know many people had strong feelings one way or another, but he was always extremely helpful to myself and friends of mine. As said a wealth of info that most of us will never know or what to know.
Man I just can't believe it !!
I am so sorry and hope that his family will take hart in the fact that so many of us appreciated him and his help.

#564263 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:09 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Yellow57 Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Sad news for sure, R.I.P, prayers to family .

#564264 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:09 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Craig Osbeck]
moore798 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Osage County Oklahoma
What a Shock! I met Dick a couple of years ago at IG.My kind of guy! Honest and to the point and a wealth of knowledge.He will be sorely missed on this site.
RIP Dick!

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs

#564267 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:12 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
1937 GMC Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: DFW Texas
Sad news; his knowledge and passion for the hobby will be missed! Prayers to his family and friends. Didn't get a chance to meet DB in person, but shared many a PM.

R.I.P.

#564268 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:22 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: mcguffeyd1]
azjockey Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona
To a freind and mentor. MR. DICK BENNETT you will be missed. Thank you for the vast amount of knowledge you have shared with me thru out the years. My Condolences to Judy and freinds.
R.I.P.

Gene Suggs
Azjockey Or how he would say Azjerkey

#564269 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:23 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: 1937 GMC]
dodgeman60 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: wisconsin
this place wont be the same without him. many will agree. Rest in peace Db.

#564270 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:27 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: dodgeman60]
Donald D. Brock Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Washington
It just never seems real, or even possible, when this sort of thing happens. Dick was such a lively character....a significant influence to the Old Gas family.

#564272 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:32 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Donald D. Brock]
garagejunkie Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: South Dakota
RIP Dick....the site won't be the same without you

#564273 - Fri Aug 29 2014 08:33 PM Re: Our friend Dick Bennett has passed away [Re: Donald D. Brock]
BryceG Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
wow... literally thought it was a joke until about the third post. sad to hear the news. I literally exchanged 10 PMs with him just yesterday. Sorry I never got to meet him in person... always enjoyed the chats we were able to have thru this site. He answered a lot of my first questions when I started getting into pumps. very sorry to hear the news

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved