Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
wow
so sorry to hear this, I just seen him on here. I guess you never know
I never met him, but he sure was full of knowledge

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I met DB a few times at Iowa. He sometimes came across as a grumpy old fart but he was always helpful to me. I bought a pump part from him once and I helped hook him up with a visi gauge my brother had for sale. The hobby just lost a good guy and a ton of knowledge. Thoughts to his family

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow! Haven't been on Oldgas in a couple of years, but saw this on Facebook tonight and had to log in here to see if it was really true. I can't even express how sad it makes me to hear this. Dick was a great guy and I always enjoyed seeing him at Iowa Gas and having him pick on me. He just sent me an e-mail a few days ago that I didn't even respond to yet...this is just such a shock. I'll never be able to make another lemon meringue pie without thinking about you, DB!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am deeply saddened and completely shocked to hear this news. Some people may have had trouble getting along with him, but those people probably just never understood him. Dick was a truly nice guy behind his gruff facade. He just emailed me a couple days ago and I hadn't even had a chance to respond yet - I'm still in disbelief. I'll miss you, DB!

Wes Worsham

N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Damn thats a shame.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just had a long talk the other night about our health...He said he was trying to quit smoking...We talked about his Avatar pic his pug named Ben Hur ..He really missed him he was 17years old and died 3 years ago. This is the last thing he said to me..."Takes 40yrs to reach top of mountain & slip over, but As you near the bottom of mountain you pickup speed, then your Dead before ya reach the parking lot!" I never met ya DB but you will be missed RIP my friend, Brian

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Wow, this is a shock. I never met him but he did invite me to stop by his place last December while I was on my annual California trip. I was going to take him up on that offer this year. What a loss to this site. Nobody can take his place.

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
I agree it is a shock. Our prayers will go out to his family. Richard

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Condolences to DB's family and friends. Lots of folks going to be missing you DB! Rest in peace....:(

Last edited by rustynuts; Fri Aug 29 2014 07:17 PM. Reason: spell
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Sorry to hear this , almost unbelievable. My wife just read the D.B isims last night and we really got a laugh .
Then this tonight. Condolences to his family. I have to say that when I joined this sight and started restoring my meager little Tokheim 300 , DB was the first one to step up and answer my newbie questions. Loved his humor , sometimes disliked his responses to others , but he was a teacher.Old school.Funny thing was one day I found myself blocked by Dick and could not figure out why? So I said what the hey I will block him and I did. Pretty soon one day a few weeks later I found that he had unblocked me? Never found out why and did not care. I Always looked forward to reading his post's , good or bad (harsh) . Going to miss his sarcastic brilliance and ALL the information that he shared with the Group.
There are few people in life whom leave a lasting impression on you. I had never met DB in person but seems as though I had.Will be missed!

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I never got to meet Dick in person but we corresponded several times about pumps and I always found him to be very helpful. I've been in this hobby since 1995 and still don't know 10% of what he did. Truly a unique individual and this site will never be the same without his input and wit.

My condolences to his family.

R.I.P Dick

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I will miss his sacastic humor, he was truly the "professor"

Barry
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Sad.What a loss to our hobby on knowledge. Very great man inside.R.I.P. DB. You will be greatly missed by many.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Rest in peace, I know we never saw eye to eye unfortunately and argued but my prayers are with your family. Today the hobby has lost a pioneer. Rest in peace DB

Always Available 973-932-2980

Joe - Iron Vise LLC
sales@ironvise.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I never had the chance to meet DB, but I know the hobby has lost a treasure of knowledge. God bless his family.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved