Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
Very well written. After reading it; Hard not to reflect on one`s own life and relationships with family and friends.

agree- RIP Deryl... cool

RANDY
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Deryl was a GREAT guy! A fellow Colts enthusiast we ALWAYS stopped and talked to each other at the shows. He showed me his Colts banner and was VERY proud of it. He also retired from Ford and had a killer gran torino! I once found a porcelain sinclair sign at peotone. I bought it just before deryl seen it and he was upset because he didnt have it, So I gave it to him at cost because I knew he collected sinclair and would TRULY cherish it!
I can assure you THAT SIGN is still on his wall!!!
My Prayers and Sympathy to His Family and especially his son!
Tom Buckles, You were his Best Friend and he always spoke Sooo highly of you and your trips together picking and doing shows!!!
~RIP my friend~ You will be greatly missed!!!
GO COLTS!!!!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I didn't know him but condolences to his family and friends. Remarkable article on him....

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim, thanks for posting the link to that story. That was great article about a true blue Colts fan and a outstanding person.

Deryl's celebration of life was today and I can't put into words how special it was, the crowd was huge and the stories were to be remembered. Wes and Tara made the trip over from Illinois, so good to see them there. Most everyone wore Colts jerseys but Tara and I had Sinclair t-shirts on, I know Deryl would have liked that.

Speaking of Deryl being a true blue Colts fan, check out the tag on a rather large bouquet of flowers. How many Colts fans receive a send off from the owner of an NFL team. If I wasn't already a Colts fan, I would be now!

Deryl.Flowers.jpg
Last edited by tbuckles; Sun Sep 14 2014 06:15 PM. Reason: Attach Picture

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's pretty neat Tom. Also very nice of Wes and Tara to make the trip.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved