Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#565854 Thu Sep 04 2014 08:33 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have a friend who just pulled a Dayton 600 off the family farm. The pump however only stands about 6 feet tall as it looks like the legs have been cut down to make the pump fit in the building. As a result, I am looking for all three legs to try to help him get it back to the correct height.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
keithia #565874 Thu Sep 04 2014 11:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I ran into this with a Tokheim 600 series visible. Someone had trimmed rusty skins and then shortened the pump to make up for the trimmed skins. I ordered new skins and used the skins to determine how much height had been removed from the pump frame. I then went to a plumbing shop and had short pipe lengths made complete with threads this allowed for a bit of adjustment. I then welded these pieces to the supporting pipes. This lengthening of the pipe restored the height and the new skins fit perfectly.

The first photo shows four little pieces I trimmed off of the pipes and the extension I had made and then I welded it to the pump frame. Second photo shows the extended pipes. The third photo shows the installed extended pipes attached to the base.

rsz_tok_610_tm-11.jpg rsz_tok_610_tm-12.jpg rsz_tok_610_tm-16.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Dave's Garage #566099 Fri Sep 05 2014 09:00 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Dave! I will pass this along to him and this is the way he may have to go. In his case the legs were cut off the other end but this should work for that also.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved