Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56850 Sat Oct 07 2006 02:00 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi all, I was at a rummage sale for a local church today, and I came across some Christmas music records. Two of them were recorded for Firestone, and one for Goodyear, they both had their logos on them. I've never seen anything like them before has anyone else?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#56851 Sat Oct 07 2006 02:16 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I remember christmas tv ads from Goodyear, Firestone and Goodrich, for them during the 60's. As you probably figured out they were a promotional giveaway, buy 2 sets of tires and get a record, or buy one set and get it for half off. Tire promotions are still around. Here in the northwest, Les Schwab Tires have promotions giving away beef and new Jeeps.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
#56852 Sun Oct 08 2006 06:35 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Ok thankyou for the info Bob. I don't feel so bad about not getting them. It was a "buy the whole box or none" sale, and I didn't want them all.

#56853 Sun Oct 08 2006 07:04 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Can't believe I'm going to admit this,but being a 5 year old boy in 1968,my Dad used to bring home Hot Wheels and other trinkets from the gas stations & tire stores back then.He ended up dragging 10 of those corny promotional Christmas albums back home,from Firestone,Goodyear & Shell Oil.
The tracks could be either generic,or sung by well known artists of that time like Johnny Mathis,Ray Conniff,Andy Williams,Bing Crosby & Steve & Eddie.
For 20 years my parents would annually put them on the Hi-fi turntable around the holiday season,thus making them become a part of our X-mas background memories.
I still relate one specific song to opening up my G.I.Joe with the Kung Fu grip.
I have seen these on Ebay and at flea markets for a buck or two,but it's the specific albums we grew up with that I sought.
Today in our mid 40's,my siblings & I still listen to these with our own familys for the same reasons.
It just ain't Christmas without them.

------------------
"It's A Gas!"

[This message has been edited by coldpizza (edited 10-08-2006).]

Collecting Vintage Sunoco

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved