?????? did this sign come back on again ??? Thanks

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't see it listed... cool

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My dad said he saw it on again, this one looked to be in better shape.. Maybe it was the same one cleaned up????

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

RANDY
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Yea was same sign cleaned up I'm at a loss why would it bring $9600 the nobody care and it bring $500 where were all the buyers from the past auction

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
From the description:

"Vintage, old, rare, Red Indian Motor Oils reverse glass sign."

From the disclaimer:

"I am not an expert in this area and I am making no claims to authenticity; this item has not been authenticated. I don't know if this is authentic or a reproduction but certainly appears to be old and vintage with wear consistent with age. As stated in the description above, it is the bidders responsibility to determine age and genuineness, value and condition using the photos provided."

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The seller is POS seller.

Look at sellers completed auctions for glass advertising and the wooden boxes. Another low life into ripping people off.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Interesting . It sure cleaned up good lol . I do know of one original reverse on glass that exists . It is signed by the original artist and he worked for McColl Frontenac . That is the only legit one I know of , This piece was used for artwork only . Any maker would have signed his reverse glass if he was going to put " made for McColl Frontenac "

Follow the Red Indian Trail
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
I purchased this sign thought I would take a chance I received it today I'm no expert but am positive it is old glass if it is not real they did a amazing job on it cause it looks real to me as I said I'm no expert but the quality of it is top notch I am going to try and bring it to Indy to have Dan Matthews check it out if I can make the show

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Do us all a favor and engrave reproduction into that piece of glass.

Did you not check the sellers other items?

Just wondering, why would anyone of sound mind bid on that? I thought you were trying to rebuild trust in the hobby. Buying reproduction signs in the hopes of having someone authenticate it as real is not cool. Enough knowledgeable people have posted in this thread to convince a prudent individual away from it.

Also wondering why, you brought this post back to the top. Makes me question your motives. Circumstances don' make a man....they reveal him. Why would anyone who has suffered some of the criticism and loss of credibility and reputation that you have in the past throw himself into a situation involving an oblivious fake sign.

By your own admission you are no expert on glass signs. But you feel it is real. Your opinion has no weight because by your admission you don't have the skills to state whether it is real or not. Now, you are hoping that someone else who lacks the ability to authenticate that sign will make a similar statement so you can run with it. Not difficult to find so called experts who like to exaggerate their own abilities. Just like all the other fools that sell reproduction/fantasy signs on e-Bay as real and state I showed it to so and so and they said it's real. Now, you have once again shown yourself to be like those folks. Again, I ask; Why would you submit yourself to such a situation. Greed is a terrible thing, a human flaw that can never be erased from the DNA of those that are inflicted with it.

A few weeks ago you were having panic sales because of a medical issue with your child. Would have been wiser to save your money for rainy days and unforeseeable life events then fakes glass signs.

For the sake of the person you hope to rip off someday by the sale of this sign...I hope you drop it and it breaks into a million pieces.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Sat Sep 20 2014 09:26 AM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Thanks so much for your opinions Dave like I said I decided to take a shot grow what I read on here nobody could confirm its authenticity or completely deny it in hand I assure u it has age the glass is old...I will show it to others to let them tell me what they think I feel Dan Matthews opinion means something he sells tons of very high end items...if he feels its not real it will hang in my house ..I will not try and sell it without getting better opinions so please don't try calling me out for no reason.

I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Showed it to Matthews & Morphy both was told it is definitely old they dated it 1950's and said they felt it was reproduced of one of the signs but wasn't something made the other day it had major age to it

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
repro from 1950's or 1990's does not make a difference, still the same useless piece.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: indiananationals
] I read on here nobody could confirm its authenticity or completely deny it in hand I assure u it has age the glass is old...

Glass may be old but the paint ain't grin

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
An old repro is a repro, as is a new repro is a repro! They are one in the same. They were never made for or used by the company they are labeled for, but are simply the product of someones imagination. A repro is a repro is a repro--plain and simple!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved