Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sorry. I new it was a lot. But, I needed to include the entire story. It was about a weeks worth of an issue I tried to condense in one comment. I hope it saves someone else from having to go through the same ordeal with these two.

Check out my finds at Mantiquities on Facebook!!!!

facebook.com/pages/Mantiquities/167580613447712
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
do they sell on ebay?... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most of these crooks rely on anonymity and when you remove that sense of security from them they crumble like the turds that they are. More people should have to wear the shame of their past deeds. Reveal them for who they are...these lowlifes deserve no ones sympathy or protection.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I too, would love to know if they sell on ebay?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
They claimed to not have a paypal account to refund the money. So, I would assume they don't sell on Ebay. But, the wife is very underhanded. I wouldn't doubt if she was pretending to be her husband on Facebook and in private messages. When you read the Pms coming from his account only. It appears to be two different people writing the messages. Plus, as soon as we started to call her husband out for being dishonest and scamming. Prior to even knowing about their past. She came up out of the blue and started defending him and taking shots at the buyer. Which was their big slip up. Because it wasn't until I figured out her name and saw her Facebook account was I able to find the goods on them. Not to mention, just by her attitude, I could tell this was not their first rodeo and was confident there had to be more dirt. I had no idea how much dirt and how easy it would be to find.

Last edited by Bbburke; Wed Sep 17 2014 07:39 PM.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Yea I hated to see that go down on Facebook the other week. I saw it in person where the seller bought the sign at a local auction. The auctioneer announcded that he was unsure if it was real. Told everyone to be their own judge on it. I looked it over for a good 30 Mins. It wasn't real. Only sells for $700 at the auction and then the seller tries to say its real and sells for 2500. I am just glad to see the buyer get his money back!

Always looking for Mint oil cans. Esp Aviation and Outboard Oil Cans and pumps. Looking fot Cheerwine signs!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I guess keep a look out for someone selling from Ball Ground Georgia. I have their address. But, just to be safe and I wasn't sure if it was legal. I didn't reveal that much. It's my belief that these people probably can't find employment in the town they live in. Personally, I wouldn't be able to even leave the house in my town if I pulled the scam they did and everyone found out. I assume, and so Did the Lawyer that wrote the story, that they will never pay off the settlement. In order to do that, they have to pretend to not have any income that can be garnished. Therefore, they sell signs privately for cash, don't report it as income on their taxes, and they can make decent money to live off of without paying any of the money they stole back. According to my buddy who is a lawyer. It's the Ol' 1,2. A commonly practiced method of avoiding paying back settlements.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I seen this PONTIAC SCENARIO unfold on facebook FIRST HAND!!
Thanks for your extra efforts in helping your friend and reporting these scammers!

As for this discussion its funny to be called part of the problem when OLDGAS as a whole is guilty!
You sit on here and complaint about the new repo's, BUT THEN GO ON TO GIVE DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS OF THE PROBLEMS!!!
IE) Fonts are off,
Rusty back with bubbles,
No grommets,
No makers mark,
No chips in the field,
Holes are not same as original
etc etc etc....
So they are now fixing all these problems THANKS to the informative crew on oldgas!
So while your sooo quick to point YOUR finger at someone, YOU better look in the mirror AND POINT!!!!
I have NEVER bought a sign from these crooks BUT other members have gotten on here and posted how they had them make signs they cant get otherwise!
Another member buys repos from vintage concepts and sells them all day long as originals YET YOU CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIM and his auction! Another guy was caught buying fakes from argentina then reselling on oldgas and he is still selling on oldgas!
If you are my friend then call me or talk to me at the shows and I will enlighten you smile But if you have sold your collection years ago and simply get on here to nit pik people and start stife every chance possible then SAVE YOUR DIME + MY TIME!
PS: you think the argentina(repo) crew isnt a member here stealing all the images they want?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Im very glad Jeremy got his money back after Brian busted these 2 clowns. Great investigating skills BB!!

Always Available 973-932-2980

Joe - Iron Vise LLC
sales@ironvise.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Joe.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
invest in pumps! good luck shipping a wayne 60S repo from India!

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Good point!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This has been intersting to read and some good discussion....I can appreciate why people don't mention someone's name for fear of being sued. I also understand the frustration of not knowing who is doing it so you can avoid them...etc. I think Ihave been part of the problem. A few years back I had a grizzly gas sign and a member here asked for a copyof the picture. i was proud of thesign and sent it off. I have no idea if that image will be used for reproduction signs or not.

I also know that when we post a picture here on Oldgas it can show up on Google. I went to Google one day to look up texaco Banners to see what other styles adn types there were...heck, many of the pictures that showed up were mine from posting them here. The first one I noticed was one that I posted that had my dog in the picture...kind of eye opening this world wide web..LOL. I can understand why people don't post pictures here....

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Alex. I had the same question with the complaints about people discussing and posting pictures on this site. I don't understand why anyone would need a collector or anyone else for that matter to give them information to improve reproductions. It would seem to me the picture of an original is all they need and those can be easily found in all kinds of places. Pictures posted on ebay and anywhere on the internet pop up if you google search a particular sign. I'm not sure how realistic it is that the sign repop guys are getting info of this site that they can't get a number of other places. Then again, I have no clue what it takes to make a repro or how someone would go about doing that. I could be completely off base in my thinking. In regards to the legality of naming names. It's not slander if it's true. But yes, you have to be very careful naming names if you can't prove the allegation you are making is true.

I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Are we sure Jeremy got his money back on the Pontiac I witnessed the as well .Jeremy was pretty calm and a lot nicer than I would have been

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved