Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#569496 - Fri Sep 19 2014 09:33 PM WTB Eco Islander Parts
minuteman Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Big Sky Country
Friend of mine needs some parts for his islander, front panels, locking door, holders for the hose rod guides, anything helps....thx mm

#569537 - Sat Sep 20 2014 03:28 AM Re: WTB Eco Islander Parts [Re: minuteman]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
The problem with Islander parts is first, the parts have not been made in around 30 years. No one has any NOS parts laying around, and people who own incomplete Islanders are unwilling to take them apart and sell them for parts.

A few people have tried to make some of the parts including the front and rear panels. Vic's before they sold out tried to make the panels out of fiberglass, others tried metal, but between being very hard to roll, they also had a fitting problem.

I have parted out over six Islanders and sold the parts for more than I could have gotten for the complete unit. I do not have one part left from any of the six.

In my air meter ID book I tell people "Do not buy a incomplete air meter because no one is willing to part their meter out.

Jack Sim

Edited by Jack Sim (Sat Sep 20 2014 03:29 AM)

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog2 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved