Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#569743 Sun Sep 21 2014 11:16 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I recently acquired a 12' tall Pure gas pole and the Pure sign that was on it. The sign is over 6' in diameter and has the original band around it. Both the pole and sign are heavy! I am considering mounting this pole and sign outside, but am concerned about wind and making sure the pole is properly anchored. The bolts to mount the sign to the top of the pole are 15/16". The bolts on the base of the pole are bigger than that. I have attached a file with a picture of the pole and sign. Would like to hear feedback in terms of how much concrete I need in the ground and the best way to do this should I decide to put it outside. Thanks!

pure sign and pole.jpg
Pure Sign and Pole

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks - will take quite a bit of concrete to make sure it is secure!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Do you have the "wing brackets" to support the sign to the pole?

Pure pole skirt & wings 003sm.jpg

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
C
OP Offline
C
No - those are missing. The bottom part of the sign still has the flange on both sides where it attaches to the wings however.

top of pole.jpg bottom of sign.jpg pure sign.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PM sent.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This how we put our post up, We tend to do a little over-kill on the farm, we don't like re-doing! We dig 4x4x5 deep holes,use 2 loops of form wire,and have fiber added to concrete.We cut a 18"x18" piece of plywood and use that to make a hole pattern from the base of the pole.We us 3 foot x 1" form bolts and space the bottom of the form bolts with 3/4" re-bar.You can use anything,we use 2 2x4 studs laid across the hole to set plywood on,to hold pattern in place while pouring the concrete.Be sure and make sure the bottom of bolt threads are no further than 1/2" from top of finished concrete. We let concrete set about a week before the sign and post go up.It is a good idea to stick a piece of PVC and elbow it up through the form in case you want to wire your light at some time. This should be fine unless you make Mother Nature mad.You said the bolts from the ring to the post are 15/16 bolts,I think the head of the bolts are 15/16 and the bolts are about 1/2".Not trying to correct you, just help,if need more info just send a PM.

Shorty

Always looking for Mississippi company items, Billups, southland, ride with rose.
C
OP Offline
C
Correct Shorty, the head of the bolts are 15/16". Thanks for the great suggestions.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved