Print Thread
#56996 Wed Apr 02 2003 08:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HERE IS THE DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY.. THIS PUMP WAS SILVER,, SKYCHIEF ORIGINALY. THEN PAINTED RED,, FIRECHIEF SIGNS FOLLOWED.. WHY WAS THE ADD GLASS LEFT AS SKYCHIEF??????????? FOUND ON A FARM ,,, BUT MESSED UP ADVERTISING.. ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS?????

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#56997 Wed Apr 02 2003 08:44 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Can't answer that one Frankie, alot of things happen, I went in the service in 1962 when i came out 4 years later gulf had come an gone in Calif, I found a tall-39 with firechief on the sides painted over and N-tane add glass in front an back,no one ever remembers Conoco ever being in Calif, or why is there no white in the wings of the flying a sign on my station on my website , lot of funny stuff going on , ha ha ha . and your question isn't dumb just unexplanable .

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 04-02-2003).]

#56998 Wed Apr 02 2003 08:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DWAINE,,,,,, WHATS UP??? IT SNOWED HERE TODAY,, THE SHEEP GOT ALL WET.. HAAAAA !!!!! FRANK..

#56999 Wed Apr 02 2003 09:53 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hey Frankie at least wool wil keep you warm when its wet, thats what POGO told me!! It hailed so bad the ground turned white this afternoon, and I rode home in sleet last night. I think Feb was warmer.
I know what happened to your pump( always thinkin I know something) in the post globe days when they didnt light pumps up anymore, they just painted over the ad glass, easier than changing them and they were'nt handing out new ones. Then cuz no one had glass primer the paint didnt stick the best. About a week before you found the pump, all the paint simply fell off..... and you wonder why they call me the clever bastard!!!......DODOgas

#57000 Wed Apr 02 2003 11:02 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Oil jobbers in rural areas would go to the big city equipment dealer and buy their trade-ins. He didn't care what brand they were because he was going to give the pump to a farmer. He may have slapped a coat of paint on it or maybe the farmer did. This is why you will find a Shell pump in an area that never had a Shell jobber, etc.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved