Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#572585 Sun Oct 05 2014 10:12 AM
M
mike d Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I am new to the forum and thought I would come here to try and find info on my older gas pump. It is not antique but the style I remember growing up. I will leave some info here and see if you guys may be able to tell me anything about this pump. I plan on working on it over the winter and it looks to have most of the parts needed to complete. Here is a shot of the tag on the pump. It looks to be a mid 80's Gilbarco trimline. I has two mech. computers but it looked like only one pump. Inerts are missing

IMG_0182.JPG
Last edited by mike d; Sun Oct 05 2014 10:24 AM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Trimline Series was the type pump that the first Station I ever worked at, in the mid 60s; used.. So I too, have a special affection for this Series...

Trimlines are still being sold and used worldwide...

Here is an image of mine. I've attempted to "recreate" the look of a mid 1960s; Tidewater Oil Flying A pump.

(my pump was "built around 1965" and was in service on Puget Island in the lower Columbia River until 2000. as such, the computer has been replaced to be able to total amounts dealing with gas prices over $1, so I blocked off the "extra holes" in the faceplate)

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Welcome to Oldgas. Bob is correct sharing that these are still in use today. There is a bulk oil center not far from here in a small farming town,there is a old house next door and the porchs are lined with these where independent stations have closed the doors. If your a farmer and have a account they will give you one,otherwise they are not for sale.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you are looking for information about your pump, check out this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gb%20251.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I work for a gilbarco dealer. Most parts are still available for this pump

M
mike d Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for all the help guys. I am glad to hear I may be able to find parts as I need only a few. Do I just go to the wanted area and post an ad? I am only looking for the covers with the slots that go behind the glass and let the numbers show through. Other than that I am good.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Might work,many parts guys here on site. CK with Ryan at the pump dump. Sounds like can you get new parts. You can click on any one member name and send a PM. When they answer you will see flashing at top of page click on and you can enter in to personel discussion.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved