Next Thread
Print Thread
#57311 Tue Feb 21 2006 08:47 AM
P
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
P
My dad and I were delivering 4 pumps to the shipping terminal that we had sold and it ended up being closed the day before Christmas Eve. Dad decided to take and show me a place he said I would have a fit. It was on, we were on our pump/junk finding adventure. Upon finding the place I was amazed at all the orginal stuff this guy had about a 1/4 of a city block full. Well long story short we bought 2 Tokheim 454 pumps very cheap? I do not know why but he sold them very cheap. I have been very busy working 7 days a week and coahing a little leauge basketball team. I have not had time to do anything, except for Rex's auction. Well my dad, being the great junk hunter and person he is decided to help me out and restored his and mine. Well here mine is, his looks just as great. It is great that we share a common thing and I respect him greatly for everything that he and my mother have done for me in their life. You have to get a little older and wiser to recognize all lifes lessons and things they are trying to teach you. Anyway, I hope dad reads this and knows how much I appreciate what he and mom mean to me and that I love them both. Thanks Pop for doing the pump. What a surprise when it showed up at my house. Here is the pictures, sorry for rambling on.

Phil

Thanks, Phil

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#57312 Tue Feb 21 2006 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Phil, as a son, now a Dad, I have realized the same thing. I never quite understood the stuff Mom & Dad did with me, but now I know. I hope that some day my Daughter will have the same awakening that you had. My Mom is gone now, and Dad suffers from Alzheimers, in essence he too is gone. I dont think that they knew, how much I respected and appreciated them. I tried to tell them, but I'm not quite sure that I got my thoughts across. One memory that I will always cheris, was at the first horse show of the 1992 season. My Dad wheeled my mother up to the arena, in her wheelchair. As I rode by, my Mother shouted out "Thats my boy!!!" At EVERY performance I did, at EVERY show I competed in, in EVERY parade we rode in, she did the same thing.

Tell your Mom & Dad how you feel, say thanks, let them know that you love them....

Great story Phil, and conratulations....

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
#57313 Tue Feb 21 2006 11:34 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Phil:

You ain't rambling, what a great story brother. I'll bet your parents are equally proud of the way you turned out. My Father raised six boys in a Texaco gas station, but we lost him at age 53... the few years he was with us, he instilled values that will last a life time for all of us. Great story buddy !!!

Doug

#57314 Tue Feb 21 2006 04:58 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
You are right on there Phil. Since we are the same age I can relate 100%. You relize after you are out of the house that they where right most of the time & knew what we where doing. Even though we thought they didnt. I have met you & your dad & I think you are both great people. As for the pump there is something in that pump that money will never buy!!! Memories & your parents love. Good story that is what we all like to hear

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#57315 Tue Feb 21 2006 09:35 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your NOT rambling, BY telling us the LOVE you have for your parents.
Live life to the FULLEST, ENJOY YOUR FAMILY
DB

#57316 Tue Feb 21 2006 10:40 PM
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Great story Phil, and you other fellas hit it right on. My 2 brothers and 2 sisters and myself grew up on the farm where Mom and Dad were there all the time. We all had a great relationship with them and they taught us great values in life. Yeah, when we were young we thought we knew everything and they didn't and they weren't cool, but like you other fellows said, after you leave home, grow up and get older, you realize what they did do for us, and appreciate it more and more.
Unfortunately my parents are gone now too, but I will never forget those values they taught us, and they will never be forgotten. I started in this hobby a few years after Dad passed, but I know for a fact that he would get one heck of a kick out of what I am doing today. And I was lucky enough to get to tell Mom and Dad thanks and that they were loved before they went.
Thanks again Phil for your story and making us all stop and think a bit.
Ken.

#57317 Wed Feb 22 2006 06:13 AM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
THANKS FOR SHARING THIS BEAUTIFUL STORY PHIL I AM SURE YOUR SON WILL BE SAYING THE SAME THING SOMEDAY.I ENJOY SEEING YOU AND LEON TOGETHER.
MEMORIES ARE FOREVER
REX LOVES FAMILY

#57318 Wed Feb 22 2006 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great pump and even better story Phil. It's great when a father and son share the same hobby.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved