Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#576644 - Sat Oct 25 2014 07:36 PM Re: gasco pump sign [Re: eric grinder]
hancock-oil Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose Ca us
So if you put a 1971 Hemicuda Convertable in Barrett Jackson no Reserve and it only sells for Two Million you should be able to back out????? Same thing it doesn't work like that! He should have researched his sign an put a reserve on it

#576678 - Sat Oct 25 2014 08:40 PM Re: gasco pump sign [Re: hancock-oil]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
Originally Posted By: hancock-oil
So if you put a 1971 Hemicuda Convertable in Barrett Jackson no Reserve and it only sells for Two Million you should be able to back out????? Same thing it doesn't work like that! He should have researched his sign an put a reserve on it

totally agree, Eric did nothing wrong pushing the
"buy it now" button except he pushed it before I did-
why was he penalized?.. cool

#576681 - Sat Oct 25 2014 08:47 PM Re: gasco pump sign [Re: advertologist]
66phillips Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mangum, OK USA
There's two rats in this story. The Seller is number one. He set the price and is obligated to sell it. Second rat is the guy that talked the Seller into finking on the deal and taking more money. All you have when you get buried, is your good word. Without that, you'll be buried naked!!

#576746 - Sun Oct 26 2014 09:55 AM Re: gasco pump sign [Re: 66phillips]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally Posted By: JUNK KING
Everyone harps on the pickers but even they will tell a guy you're to cheap

...oh, brother - you mean like The American Peckers do on every episode? smirk Is that before or after the cash register sound effect? laugh

Originally Posted By: hancock-oil
He should have researched his sign an put a reserve on it

Originally Posted By: 66phillips
There's two rats in this story. The Seller is number one. He set the price and is obligated to sell it. Second rat is the guy that talked the Seller into finking on the deal and taking more money.

...EXACTLY...

...I guess (using some of the tortured logic expressed in this thread) I should be able to walk up to you years after selling a sign, and say 'well, I didn't know that sign was going to double in value in five years. Here's a refund - I'd like my sign back now, thanks'... crazy

Edited by gulfiend! (Sun Oct 26 2014 09:56 AM)

#576752 - Sun Oct 26 2014 10:26 AM Re: gasco pump sign [Re: gulfiend!]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
...I guess (using some of the tortured logic expressed in this thread) I should be able to walk up to you years after selling a sign, and say 'well, I didn't know that sign was going to double in value in five years. Here's a refund - I'd like my sign back now, thanks'... crazy

just like buying stock, before you received your certificate the stock went up- broker says, we'll we've changed our mind on selling- here's your money back,
how would that fly... cool

#576794 - Sun Oct 26 2014 01:27 PM Re: gasco pump sign [Re: advertologist]
Man Cave Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: New York
This is all really bothering. Its called a mistake...NOW if the seller is a DEALER and by that I mean is set up in business with the purpose of buying and selling advertising items for a profit, and made that mistake...Then shame on him and he needs to honor that deal. IF he is Joe the Plumber and found a sign and thought he was hitting a home run and then learned he just lost the world series and wanted to do better for his family...then really WHO CARES. If he returned the money SPEEDY and it was not a big issue, then "wow that sucks" is about all that is in order. Maybe he should send an Applebee's giftcard or something but JEEZ people do you really need something for a steal so bad that you will threaten this guy and want bad things to happen to him. I think that all the hate that is thrown around on this should be backed down a bit...NOW for the guy who offered more AFTER a sale...that is just not how it works and should learn some etiquette.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved