Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
eric grinder #575697 Mon Oct 20 2014 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That sucks, tell him you won't give him a neg if he gives you the name of whomever back doored you then post it here for all to see. That's a low thing to do on the seller's and buyers part.
Originally Posted By: eric grinder
Congrats to the "new" owner of this sign. I had won the item off ebay but wasnt planning on saying so until it was in hand. Ofcourse after "recent events" the seller has changed his mind on the sale...lol. Funny thing is...I would have matched the mystery person's better offer and then some if he gave me the chance..oh well.. cant win em all.

Neil Gerrard #575703 Mon Oct 20 2014 07:17 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Neil Gerrard
That sucks, tell him you won't give him a neg if he gives you the name of whomever back doored you then post it here for all to see.

he would have already gotten the negative,
that isn't going too happen, then the seller would be admitting guilt... cool

RANDY
advertologist #575722 Mon Oct 20 2014 08:18 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Sent you a PM

advertologist #575741 Mon Oct 20 2014 10:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wrong, he won't get a neg unless Eric gives him one, Ebay won't do anything without a complaint and even then they don't do squat
Originally Posted By: advertologist
That sucks, tell him you won't give him a neg if he gives you the name of whomever back doored you then post it here for all to see.

he would have already gotten the negative,
that isn't going too happen, then the seller would be admitting guilt... cool

Neil Gerrard #575816 Tue Oct 21 2014 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That sucks, tell him you won't give him a neg if he gives you the name of whomever back doored you then post it here for all to see. That's a low thing to do on the seller's and buyers part.

Neil, I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, there are very few of us on this site that see this as being unethical.

These buyers and sellers; that lack self respect, how can you expect them to respect others?

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Dave's Garage #575872 Tue Oct 21 2014 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sad but true
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage

Neil, I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, there are very few of us on this site that see this as being unethical.

These buyers and sellers; that lack self respect, how can you expect them to respect others?

Neil Gerrard #576440 Fri Oct 24 2014 01:37 PM
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
I felt I had to give you all an update on this situation. Yes I was the lucky one to come across this item within minutes of it being listed on ebay last week. I couldn't believe my eyes and thought that there was surely a chance it was no good but I gambled anyway. Within hours of the end of auction there was a thread about it here on OG which quickly rested my worry on it's authenticity. I immediatly thought...ugh ohh that might not be good for me. I had already contacted the seller and asked him to ship out that day as I had paid immediatly. He responded quickly with a " yep no problem" and that was that. Well after 2 days with no tracking updates I decided to email him. Nothing...nothing for the rest of the weekend. I already knew what was coming. Sure enough after a weekend of no replies to multiple emails and a phone call the seller finally answered me. He was claiming it was a mistake to list the item and wanted to cancel the transaction. I got a cancellation request from ebay and a full refund. Well I planned on going down swinging anyway. Ofcourse I had lost all hope of getting this item that I won fair and square and paid for within seconds of winning. Yes, I contacted Ebay..(Joke) which I knew but had to try anyway.

With all hope lost and pretty bummed out about the situation, I posted a congrats to the new owner and was done with it. Then it hit me why this site and the people on here are so great! I got an IM from Jeff Smith aka (petropumps)from OR, which just so happened to be the same state the seller was from. He wanted to help me in anyway he could in the matter....well Jeff just so happens to be a lawyer in the great state! So I gladly accepted his generous offer and passed on some info early morning on Tuesday. Even with the bad experience the offer from Jeff to do this just made my day regardless of the outcome. "What great people on here" I told my wife that morning. Well lets just say Mr Smith must be very good at what he does...lol. Within minutes of him contacting the seller, he was on the phone with me telling me he'd be more than happy to sell me the sign through Ebay. The sign was in the mail the morning after the phone call. It arrived today safe and sound! I want to express my deepest gratitude to Jeff for his help with this matter. I hope it was fun for him to get a small piece of justice against some of the nonsense that goes down on Ebay daily. Job well done!

Last edited by eric grinder; Fri Oct 24 2014 01:39 PM.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
eric grinder #576444 Fri Oct 24 2014 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
simply awesome to hear.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
BryceG #576452 Fri Oct 24 2014 03:00 PM
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Congrats Eric and bravo to Jeff Smith.

Ed
archer2 #576456 Fri Oct 24 2014 03:17 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Strong arming the guy to sell the sign...

Wow

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
DCpate #576460 Fri Oct 24 2014 04:12 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
congratulations, ended well.. cool

RANDY
advertologist #576461 Fri Oct 24 2014 04:37 PM
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Im sorry but I have to disagree on this. You cant force someone to sell you something. Not cool! I understand the seller backed out but if someone had a lawyer call me and tell me to sell them the sign or any item and I did not want to as I "changed my mind" they would have more problems then worry about getting the sign.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
57tbirdkid #576464 Fri Oct 24 2014 04:54 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Originally Posted By: 57tbirdkid
Im sorry but I have to disagree on this. You cant force someone to sell you something. Not cool! I understand the seller backed out but if someone had a lawyer call me and tell me to sell them the sign or any item and I did not want to as I "changed my mind" they would have more problems then worry about getting the sign.

Agree 100%

I'd like for an atty to try and force me to sell a sign

WAY heavy handed

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
DCpate #576466 Fri Oct 24 2014 05:36 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are laws that regulate auctions. Ebay is no different.
When a seller lists an item with no reserve it's the "offer" part of a contract. When a buyer bids, it's the "acceptance" part of a contract. When the terms of the auction are met, the seller and the buyer are bound by law to complete the transaction.
That was told to me by a lawyer that specializes in law pertaining to auctions.

The time for a seller to change his mind is before the auction ends. Once an unreserved auction ends with bids(or reserve met), seller and buyer have a contract any using a lawyer to enforce the contract is fair game.

Last edited by Lastgas15; Fri Oct 24 2014 05:40 PM.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
DCpate #576467 Fri Oct 24 2014 05:37 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Legal contract should of thought about that before listing!Sold!

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved