Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57674 Tue Oct 21 2008 01:44 PM
T
Tigger Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We just purchased a gas pump at an auction, and I am very curious to find out more about it, We are just starting a collection of oil and gas memorabilia so I am not that knowledgeable
but I hope to one day be, until then hopefully some of you out there are willing to teach me.
I am not sure how this sight works just yet,or how to post photos of it, but this is what the tag reads,Self Measuring pump T-8 No. 7808 Manufactured by Gilbert & barker Mfg Co. Springfield Mass. The front says Red Crown Gasoline. Please tell me anything you know about it's history and value Thank you for your time.
Tigger

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
You have a G&B model T-8 curbside pump. It has a pair of doors that open from the center point of the hinge. Once opened you will see the Veeder Root, calculating gallon totals delivered, the crank handle and positive stops for delivery of specified amounts of gas, oil, kerosene, etc. The patent date should be 1907. The value will vary due to condition, $200-$1000. Hope this helps.

Mick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
http://vintagegas.com/albums/v/pumps/previsible/
Bottom of page [19th picture, green pump] shows a T-88, very similar to what you have

Thanks to Don Sherwood for hosting Vintagegas.com

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 10-21-2008).]

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Your pump is pictured on pages 154 & 155 of my Gas Pump Identification book. It is also pictured on my website at: www.petrolianacollectibles.com
Or you can directly to it at: http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/gb%208.htm

Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and Air Meter Identification book, both ready to order at: www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved