Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#577644 Thu Oct 30 2014 08:11 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I sure could use some help on how to put the glass in a Wayne 505. I have broke a couple of pieces of glass trying. Any advice would be appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Instructions on installing both the ad and the door glass is explained in the Parts Manual listed here: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%20500-505-1950.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I use a local glass shop to install the windows on some pumps. We buy the rubber from Ron Scobie every time. Both glasses and install usually run about $30-40 total. Cost effective and saves the fresh paint. I have tried glass from parts suppliers and they always seem to cut it too big.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
First one I done was a tok.39, piece of cake after I figured out that it went in from backside. Watch video on vics 66 site,or gas pump heaven. I can't remember which,then decide which side to start from. Speaker cord and some dish liquid works great.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Loyd Pierce
I can't remember which,then decide which side to start from. Speaker cord and some dish liquid works great.

Start the rubber in the frame. Make sure you install it in a flat surface because it will be slippery.

If all else fails like DB always said..."drink more beer and use a bigger hammer."

- Jacob -
Email: jake5246@hotmail.com
Cell 507-259-2601
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
For a Wayne 505: if you are using original ad glass, you must have it trimmed a little to re- install. The reproduction rubber is slightly thicker than the original rubber and the old glass with new rubber won't fit.
Been there.

ROD [Mich.]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved