Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#577695 Fri Oct 31 2014 08:29 AM
Alex Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I saw this in an antique store on the way back from picking up a gas pump. I thought it was very cool, especially the barrell of Transformer Oil. Working in the Utility field made me appreciate it. Looks like it is missing a couple of barrells. Lady thought it was from the 30s. I don't know if it is a fair price or not...If you want the phone number of the shop, PM me...just passing along some info.

Shell Truck.jpg

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

D
D
Price seems high in my opinion. Considering it's missing barrels and the paint has some chipping/issues. Were you able to find a brand or maker on the truck anywhere? The shell logo also looks odd to me. Neat piece nonetheless.

Alex Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Derek...sorry to say i didn't look at it that close....If anyone is interested, more than happy to provide the number at the antique shop. I thought it was high, but I am no expert on toys...or much of anything else. LOL

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
The truck was made by the Metalcraft Company. There are supposed to have 8 barrels. Missing here are "Shell Gasoline Engine Oil" and "Shell Motor Oil."
This truck was part of a series produced in the 1930's and sold for a 25 cents!
One in poorer condition but 9 barrels sold at auction in 2011 for $130. One in very similar condition with 8 barrels sold at auction for $225 in 2013.
There is a "restored original" on eBay right now with the wrong colors and wrong decals with a high bid of $11.
The truck in question seems overpriced to me too.
Dave
PS......this truck has the proper "Shell Motor Oil" decals

D
D
Great information, Dave!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have this truck and it is a metal craft..I restored mine in Veedol colors....way too much for it..

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved