Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#579114 - Sat Nov 08 2014 07:46 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Bbburke]
ABCTrip Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Eastern TN (Jonesborough)
That takes some real brass to steal a trailer in broad daylight. Either real brave or real stupid. Makes you question leaving anything outside nowadays. Hope the local police are helpful in finding your trailer and collection.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#579117 - Sat Nov 08 2014 07:59 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Bbburke]
JUNK KING Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oklahoma
My greatest fear. I hope they get caught and you get your stuff back.

Edited by JUNK KING (Sat Nov 08 2014 08:00 PM)

#579121 - Sat Nov 08 2014 08:33 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Bbburke]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Upstate SC, USA
I've posted in the following CL areas Upstate SC, Atlanta, Greensboro, Charlotte, Asheville NC, Columbia SC, Knoxville Tn.

I've posted in a couple local swap meet groups on FB and my own Pauls Picks page. But feel free to link to that or any of the CL ads.

The trailer is a white Pace 6x10' enclosed, a 1990's model. I had a spare mounted vertical to the front of the trailer, has a single swing wide door. Rear light bezels are heavy reinforced steel unlike original trailers that had the lights exposed but had been having lighting issues so was using a set of magnetic lights until I got the issue traced. The trailer has a fold back double tire jack like used on boat trailers. If they haven't scraped it off there is a green sticker on the right front from Charlotte Autofair and my name and number is written above it.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

#579123 - Sat Nov 08 2014 09:15 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
Bbburke Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: LaGrange, Kentucky
I put the link on a couple facebook pages for you Paul.

facebook.com/pages/Mantiquities/167580613447712

#579132 - Sat Nov 08 2014 10:36 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Bbburke]
Gas Pump Rob Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: California
Paul,

We will keep an eye out on the West Coast also. You never know they might figure it would be safer to sell off stuff far away.

Hope you recover your stuff.

Rob

#579134 - Sat Nov 08 2014 10:46 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
Gasman84470 Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Calgary AB
Yes stolen stuff seems to have long legs. One of the Utah boys had his ATV on the trailer stolen from a "secured" storage lot. It was found some months later in Tx. This is the 6th or so stolen item post I have seen on OG in the last 2 years and includes the Phillips 66 sign from Spokane. One can't be careful enough it seems. Paul I hope the authorities get the stuff back to you and that there will be some meaningful consequence for the actions of these criminals.

#579141 - Sun Nov 09 2014 02:01 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Gasman84470]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Upstate SC, USA
Good news, have recovered about 90% of my signs. The thief still has much of the contents of the trailer and the trailer itself, but he is currently local in this area. The fellow who had the signs has been cooperating and I brought home several of the signs tonite. Will get the rest of the 90% tomorrow.

Hoping to recover the trailer, pedal cars and other contents within a day or two.

God is great and gracious!

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

#579142 - Sun Nov 09 2014 05:45 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
2 Gallon Luke Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: New York
VERY GOOD TO HEAR!!

#579145 - Sun Nov 09 2014 06:13 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: 2 Gallon Luke]
poleman Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: jonesborough tn
GOD IS FAITHFUL

#579146 - Sun Nov 09 2014 06:32 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: poleman]
JimT Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio U.S.A.
God is patient and all knowing, thieves, not so much.

#579147 - Sun Nov 09 2014 07:04 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: JimT]
Tunk-Z28 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Hancock County Maine
Awesome News! This case should remind us all to take detailed photos of our collection. because with out a photo, you have no proof what so ever. That is what i am doing today!

#579153 - Sun Nov 09 2014 08:11 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Tunk-Z28]
Lastgas15 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: illinois
That's good news Paul. I hope you can recover the rest of your stuff!

I read about thefts like this every week on the racing, hot rod and tractor forums. A recent theft I read about was someone stole a 55 F100, removed the front fenders, ran the truck off a cliff into a tree and then burned it.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

#579154 - Sun Nov 09 2014 08:18 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Tunk-Z28]
Loyd Pierce Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Stolen trailers are pretty common here in TN. It's not a must that you tag them. Without a title and tag I don't think police put much effort in to finding them. My son has lost three over the years, last one loaded with Hardy Board to the tune of 8 grand and some change.

Glad you know who has yours. Better get your hands on it because its for sale and its cheap!

#579173 - Sun Nov 09 2014 10:07 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally Posted By: carolinaskies
The thief still has much of the contents of the trailer and the trailer itself, but he is currently local in this area.

...so you know who the thief is?

#579176 - Sun Nov 09 2014 10:23 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: gulfiend!]
Dr Dave Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Thank you God!
This story began with the evil actions of someone. The support and offers of assistance from so many people and the good outcome is the REAL real story here!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved