Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#579181 - Sun Nov 09 2014 10:57 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Dr Dave]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
Just read this now, glad you got your signs back. Hope you get the rest of items and trailer back...soon.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#579212 - Sun Nov 09 2014 01:35 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Dave's Garage]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Upstate SC, USA
The guy gave a first name, but did give a valid phone number. The issue is whether he and his cohort(s) will return for money from the junk dealer.

I just got back from picking my stuff up that was left there and think we came up with a plan to catch the thieves trailer and rest of contents. Tell them someone bought most everything but paid with a check and it will take a few days to clear. But tell the thief too that the guy wants more like mentioned pedal cars and such. If he takes bait he might return with everything! Hope we can make this work! Keep on praying for further speedy recovery.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

#579224 - Sun Nov 09 2014 02:19 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
redindianguy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
glad to hear you got it back

#579318 - Sun Nov 09 2014 08:49 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: redindianguy]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Got another lead and confirmation on location of some pedal cars and bicycle. Guy is cooperating and gave location where some of these people are working out of.

#579338 - Sun Nov 09 2014 10:48 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
You would think the police could come up with a billing address for the phone number?

#579343 - Sun Nov 09 2014 11:01 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Loyd Pierce]
bsplichal95 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hays, Kansas
Good to hear you have gotten most of it back! That's pretty sad what some people will do....

#579381 - Mon Nov 10 2014 09:18 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
gjz30075 Offline

Loc: Roswell, Ga
Originally Posted By: carolinaskies

I just got back from picking my stuff up that was left there and think we came up with a plan to catch the thieves trailer and rest of contents.

I hope you mean YOUR trailer and contents?

Ah,just realized there should be a comma between "thieves" and "trailer". Sorry.

Edited by gjz30075 (Mon Nov 10 2014 09:19 AM)

#579557 - Mon Nov 10 2014 10:44 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: gjz30075]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Update.

Retrieved so far about 75% or so of what was stolen. Trailer, few pedal cars, custom Moonshine signs, and some smalls still missing. Latest location had good video, names, phone numbers.

What sucks is Police have tomorrow off for Vetrans Day so they won't be working it til Wednesday.

My best luck has been having more eyes watching Facebook for local bartering sites. 2 leads from there returned about 30%.

I would suggest if you use Facebook that you join any local bartering/swap sites on Facebook now. Most are closed groups so you'll never see the ads for merchandise unless you are a member or a friend happens to see the ads.

Quick work has paid off dividends so far for me... and God watching out for me of course!

smile

#579565 - Mon Nov 10 2014 11:12 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
keithia Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: USA
Since when do the police have holidays off? Hope you get the rest of your stuff back. Sounds pretty positive.

#579588 - Tue Nov 11 2014 07:09 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: keithia]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Property Crimes division and other "non-essential" departments.... it use to be they didn't get it off, instead they would get a floating holiday.

#579608 - Tue Nov 11 2014 08:56 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
BryceG Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
Paul... just curious, did your trailer have a lock on the hitch receiver? If so, what type?

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#579650 - Tue Nov 11 2014 12:45 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: BryceG]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

I only had a pass through lock through the hitch top. Probably gonna invest in the full tongue lock that covers the hitch.

#579653 - Tue Nov 11 2014 12:52 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
BryceG Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
was there a gap in the pass through lock? allowing room for cutters?... curious to how the lock was removed.

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#579669 - Tue Nov 11 2014 03:02 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
tynric Offline

Loc: South Carolina
I am so sorry to here that. I will take a ride around the Florence area shops and see if I spot anything.

#579678 - Tue Nov 11 2014 03:48 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: tynric]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Most of the trailer locks that are just pass through's tend to be longer because they are made to fit different sizes of hitches. I have considered a boot type wheel lock too.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved