Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#579679 - Tue Nov 11 2014 03:49 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Upstate SC, USA

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#579695 - Tue Nov 11 2014 05:38 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
gasmansgp Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Severn, Maryland USA
Paul, I use a similar tire lock. More like a Denver Boot. I have parked the trailer at some shady areas and with the wheel lock, along with the hitch cover, have had no trouble......hope I haven't jinxed myself? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

#579702 - Tue Nov 11 2014 06:15 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: gasmansgp]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

I like the idea that it also doubles as a chock... just have to remember to place it on the right downhill side.. smile

#579706 - Tue Nov 11 2014 06:56 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
JeffS Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Manassas, VA
Originally Posted By: carolinaskies

BTW - not sure if you're considering buying from that website, but Amazon has it for $27 cheaper.

Amazon - Trimax TCL65

#579717 - Tue Nov 11 2014 07:39 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: JeffS]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Just used the link... rest assured I'll find the cheaper price. RIght now I need another trailer if they don't recover the one stolen.

#579727 - Tue Nov 11 2014 08:26 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
texacokie Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oklahoma
You cannot trust those locks I know a guy that had one and they just took the wheel off and put another one on it.

#579756 - Wed Nov 12 2014 12:00 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: texacokie]
Scott Baselt Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Gualala, CA
Locks only work to keep honest people from taking your property. Crooks just get slowed down a little.

Good to hear you're recovering your property.

#579799 - Wed Nov 12 2014 09:34 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Scott Baselt]
Terry Flannery Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Goodman WI USA
Locks/padlocks keep your friends honest.

#579812 - Wed Nov 12 2014 11:44 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Terry Flannery]
Ryan Underthun Offline

Loc: Duluth, MN U.S.A
Originally Posted By: Terry Flannery
Locks/padlocks keep your friends honest.

If you need locks for your friends, they are not friends..LOL

Glad to hear you are getting your belongings back. You are one of the lucky ones.

Edited by Ryan Underthun (Wed Nov 12 2014 11:44 AM)

visit my website for original gas pumps and parts

www.thepumpdump.com

#579820 - Wed Nov 12 2014 12:43 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Ryan Underthun]
Oldgas Online   cool

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
Hope you get everything back.

#579847 - Wed Nov 12 2014 03:34 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Oldgas]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Waiting on a sting to go down now. They said they will call. Looks like a fellow was duped into helping the real thieves and hopefully he'll be singing like a canary. Suppose to know where the trailer is from what I heard... so here it is my birthday and hopefully it will be one of the best in many years if that trailer and more stuff gets returned!

#579850 - Wed Nov 12 2014 03:50 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: texacokie]
JeffS Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: texacokie
You cannot trust those locks I know a guy that had one and they just took the wheel off and put another one on it.

You need to use a locking lug nut in addition to the wheel lock. The key is to do enough things to make it take longer to steal the trailer and therefore deter a crook.

Edited by JeffS (Wed Nov 12 2014 03:54 PM)

#579851 - Wed Nov 12 2014 03:51 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
JeffS Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: carolinaskies
Waiting on a sting to go down now. They said they will call. Looks like a fellow was duped into helping the real thieves and hopefully he'll be singing like a canary. Suppose to know where the trailer is from what I heard... so here it is my birthday and hopefully it will be one of the best in many years if that trailer and more stuff gets returned!

Happy Birthday and hopefully the sting goes as planned!

#579855 - Wed Nov 12 2014 03:58 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: JeffS]
VEEDOL_AL1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: AURORA COLO-80014
good luck to you on your Birthday,maybe that`s a good sign for good things to come!!!!!!!
Alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

#579862 - Wed Nov 12 2014 04:23 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
Alex Online   content
Moderator, Value Forum

Loc: Butte, Montana USA
Anyone seen Redford or Newman??? Best of luck

Attachments
Sting.jpg

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved