Next Thread
Print Thread
#576006 Wed Oct 22 2014 09:42 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Here is one I have not seem before other than a couple ebay listings. Maked ING, so what is up.

71 inch sign.

Obviously we are looking at the different fonts here. Any EXPERT help would be appreciated.

Man Cave #576007 Wed Oct 22 2014 09:44 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I should mention, porcelain shelving is not over exaggerated and the text is all sharp, and smooth...Meaning no odd cuts or shapes in the letters. The font of the E's just has me twerked and confused.

Man Cave #576008 Wed Oct 22 2014 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
ingrid richardson, one of the LARGEST porcelain sign makers.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
KZ1000 #576009 Wed Oct 22 2014 09:48 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I am aware of that point...I am questioning the lettering.

Man Cave #576010 Wed Oct 22 2014 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
got it

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
KZ1000 #576080 Wed Oct 22 2014 06:02 PM
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Sign is real. A few different sign makers made these signs

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
57tbirdkid #576238 Thu Oct 23 2014 02:48 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
What's wrong? This sign is real no doubt.

Highway66 #579380 Mon Nov 10 2014 08:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That looks like a sign I sold (not on ebay) a couple weeks ago. The sign is real. Was found between panes of greenhouse glass at a friend of mine house. Had been where is was found since the 1950's...

Don't even think this sign has been repop'd has it????

Got Socony???

Tom
nochevys #579386 Mon Nov 10 2014 08:49 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I believe the sign is currently listed on ebay:

Which if I'd known it would end up with who is now selling it I would have rather destroyed it, but that is my own personal issue...

Got Socony???

Tom
nochevys #579433 Mon Nov 10 2014 01:00 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sorry to see a flipper got it.

Highway66 #579436 Mon Nov 10 2014 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No just issues with him and things he said when I sold him some signs that he didn't follow through on. So I will do my best to not let him get anything else from me...

Got Socony???

Tom
nochevys #579472 Mon Nov 10 2014 04:54 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M

As for the firestone...All the info a couple weeks ago helped...I went and bought it. Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Last edited by Man Cave; Mon Nov 10 2014 05:07 PM.
nochevys #579489 Mon Nov 10 2014 05:53 PM
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Originally Posted By: nochevys
No just issues with him and things he said when I sold him some signs that he didn't follow through on. So I will do my best to not let him get anything else from me...

Typical flipper

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
57tbirdkid #579546 Mon Nov 10 2014 08:32 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Tom, This is funny...You keep bringing this up to anyone that will listen...Yet you wont mention what happened. Well allow me to articulate..

I bought one of several piles off you for MORE THAN FAIR money..I know this because I know the people you showed the signs to first that passed...You ask me to let you know what socony items roll through.

Next week I got another piece off you so brought you a socony piece I specifically bought for you..You LAUGHED at me and told me it was junk and you did not even want it for free. I said ok...paid you and left.

2 months later you wrote me a profanity filled email because you saw I had a socony can sell!!

Why in the world would I have bothered to call you again after you were so rude when I did bring you an item...

Stupid me I wrote you and took the high road and said funny you are writing, the guy has not paid me...would you like me to send a cancel request and you can have it...YOU DID NOT WANT TO PAY, you wanted me to hold it for trade WHEN YOU GET SOME STUFF and you would never pay the outrageous figure it auctioned for.

So you were not able to buy it, yet I was not allowed to sell it? Hmmmm....

I think you should sit down and re evaluate the situation and ask yourself if it is really my fault I stopped alerting you of my socony items for sale.

By the way..When have you ever called to sell me anything? Seems a little one sided...I hand over cash and you complain. Good thing you have corrected that..Now I just have to pay someone else to deal with you.

Last edited by Man Cave; Mon Nov 10 2014 08:55 PM.
Man Cave #579582 Tue Nov 11 2014 05:28 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Man Cave
Tom, This is funny...You keep bringing this up to anyone that will listen...Yet you wont mention what happened. Well allow me to articulate..

I bought one of several piles off you for MORE THAN FAIR money..I know this because I know the people you showed the signs to first that passed...You ask me to let you know what socony items roll through.

Signs were listed for sale on craigslist and you were 1st to call and actually show up other than 1 person who bought a briggs and Stratton sign. So signs were not passed by many only one.

Next week I got another piece off you so brought you a socony piece I specifically bought for you..You LAUGHED at me and told me it was junk and you did not even want it for free. I said ok...paid you and left.

I don't even remember what you brought? I surely would not have laughed at you. May have said I was not interested but not laughed at you.

2 months later you wrote me a profanity filled email because you saw I had a socony can sell!!

Here is the string of my profanity filled emails we had through ebay:

Dear socony-guy,

Jeff just told me it did not even register to him to call you on it because its just a can...We don't deal a lot in cans until the recent find of 5 gal ones we got and it was just not on the radar. I handled the sale and he was not even aware of the price I listed it for until it happened. Bottom line is we are always looking to develop relationships, but we cant be expected to call our lists on every item we get....Things fall through the cracks and I am sorry to say that this did. I am sure you have purchased at least one sign in the past 4 months...and you know we buy the heck out of signs and we did not get a call.... Again, I am sorry, but I can not see the point to crossing us off your list.

Matt

- mancaveantique

To: mancaveantiques
Subject: Re: socony-guy has sent a message
Sent Date: Jul-15-14 13:02:49 PDT

Dear mancaveantiques,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Socony-S...=item4ad7c0fea0

- socony-guy

To: socony-guy
Subject: Re: socony-guy has sent a message
Sent Date: Jul-15-14 12:59:58 PDT

Dear socony-guy,

I am sorry...I am at a loss...Can you be more specific...did I do something wrong. Also, what socony items did I break my word on?

- mancaveantiques

To: mancaveantiques
Subject: socony-guy has sent a message
Sent Date: Jul-15-14 12:55:41 PDT

Dear mancaveantiques,

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you keeping your word and letting me know when you had socony items in. I hope you enjoyed the signs you got off me a couple months ago because it will be a cold day in hell before I ever sell you another item. I know I am just a little guy but suppliers are suppliers and you lost this one. I will never sell you another item again ever!

Thanks,
Tom

Why in the world would I have bothered to call you again after you were so rude when I did bring you an item...

Stupid me I wrote you and took the high road and said funny you are writing, the guy has not paid me...would you like me to send a cancel request and you can have it...YOU DID NOT WANT TO PAY, you wanted me to hold it for trade WHEN YOU GET SOME STUFF and you would never pay the outrageous figure it auctioned for.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Not even sure what this is about here????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you were not able to buy it, yet I was not allowed to sell it? Hmmmm....

I think you should sit down and re evaluate the situation and ask yourself if it is really my fault I stopped alerting you of my socony items for sale.

No need to sit and reevaluate anything I'm good

By the way..When have you ever called to sell me anything? Seems a little one sided...I hand over cash and you complain. Good thing you have corrected that..Now I just have to pay someone else to deal with you.

The emails through ebay state why I have not contacted you to sell you anything.

Last edited by nochevys; Tue Nov 11 2014 05:46 AM.

Got Socony???

Tom

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved