Next Thread
Print Thread
#495652 Sun Dec 01 2013 11:47 AM
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Here is a vintage Brinly Plow sign for your consideration. I don't know the exact date, but am guessing 1930's, won't even pretend to know as much as some of you guys do about signs! This sign measures 8 7/8" tall by 35 5/8" wide. Probably 18 gauge steel, not super thick material.

In 35 years of collecting this and that, I have only seen two other signs like this, and up until 3 years ago, one of those was also in my collection. The sign was made by the Donaldson Art Sign Co from Covington, KY, it is signed in the bottom right corner.

This sign is in exceptional condition with but a couple small exceptions. Colors are extremely bright! I doubt very much if this has ever been used and if so certainly not out for long. It appears as though it was stored on one edge and the left edge, for approximately 1/4" in has a bit of rust/pitting. I am fairly certain someone at some point took some paint and touched it up, although you have to look extremely hard to see it and even then you question it. Nothing else has been touched up at all. The only other flaw worth mentioning can be seen in the close up pics, but hard to describe. I think when these were made, directly after painting, they were most likely stacked together before totally dry or cured, and they'd of had a brown waxed paper type product put between them or over them to protect it. That left some very faint marks, but it is nothing that detracts from the sign whatsoever. All letters on the sign are embossed, including the "All Steel" in the center. There is a small raised edge around the outside. If someone buys this, get's it, doesn't like it for ANY reason whatsoever I'll give a complete refund. Asking $375 shipped, and it will be packaged extremely well.

And if anyone can tell me more about it I would love to hear from you...No Paypal, Thank you.

Looking for a nice straight complete Tokheim 39 short pump if anyone has a trade in mind possibly?

brinly4 (Medium).jpg brinly3 (Medium).jpg brinly2 (Medium).jpg brinly1 (Medium).jpg
Last edited by neatoldstuff; Sun Dec 01 2013 04:13 PM.
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
It's Donaldson the a is just missing a bit, Nice clean sign.

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Thanks Tankar, I've changed the post to reflect that...

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
$340 shipped anyone?....

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Cold weather is here again so with more time thought I'd bring this back to the top...I still have the sign, if anyone's interested yet at 340 shipped? If not no problem, I won't revive the post again. Thanks!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved