Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
I am a NEWBIE to this gas pump thing, however have a very nice condition M&S Model 80 that is complete except for the Recoil Assembly. From looking online today this may be a hard part to find, however even harder when you live in the Yukon Territory any help would be greatly appreciated.

Y
OP Offline
Y
Also for those scared to ship to Canada, I have an address in Alaska to make it easier. Help Please

Y
OP Offline
Y
I am still in desperate need of a M&S 80 Hose Recoil Assembly... anyone know where I could get one?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have some of these available...They're not from a Wayne 80, but from a Gilbarco..They mount the same way, and appear very similar.
Measurements are 5"Dia.. The recoil width is 1.5"... and total width including the mounting stud is 2 3/8"..

recoil 001.JPG recoil 003.JPG recoil 004.JPG
Last edited by TJammer; Thu Nov 13 2014 12:45 PM. Reason: wrong measurement

Imperial Oil collector..
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hi Thanks for replying, this site does not tell you when someone replies to your posting...that is why I did not respond sooner. I am really looking for the part that goes on the outside of the pump that the cable goes thru...it has rollers and bolts to the side of the pump. Would you possibly have that?

Thanks Shawn

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
There is one on ebay right now, $125.00. High in my est, but it is there.

Craig
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hey Craig, I bought it, yes it was high but they seem very hard to find and I wanted it...thanks very much for letting me know.

Shawn

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Great, you can hand sand that and then use a buffer until you find a polisher for it. They turn out beautiful.

Craig
Y
OP Offline
Y
When you say find a polisher, what do you mean? Find someone to polish it or just polish it myself?

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I would take it apart, sand with 150 grit paper to start, going down to 320. If you have a bench buffer, then polish your self till you find the right guy or company to finish your job. Brings down the cost considerably when you do most of the hard work and a guy or company that is in business to do perfect work finishes it .
These are pre-professional finsisher

DSC02663.JPG
Last edited by Craig Osbeck; Thu Nov 20 2014 07:46 PM.

Craig
Y
OP Offline
Y
Wow, is that your pump? Looks really nice...I think I will send it to you for polishing LOL. Where would a guy find a nozzle like that?

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
You can do this easily, and it is a regular nozzle for that era pump. Ebay is good for that, and you should not have to pay more that about $35.00 for it. Again, take apart and polish up yourself.
Leave it to the professionals to do the great job. Some of the old gas guys here have nozzles done for sale, beautifully done.
Yukon, must have plenty of time inside, way to cold for me for sure.

Craig

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved