Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
o.k.... the wrap up... white and bagley was sold in 1987/1988 to dryden oil. the manufacturing facility, in worcester,was promply demolished. however... the brand is still alive today. dennison lubricants holds the oilzum name and markets the oil. as far as the logo.. it was adopted in 1905 as the oilzum kid or bucktooth boy, a cartoon childlike face. this logo was only used for three or four years. this led to the logo maturing into "oswald" the chauffer.. not the early race car driver as most people think he is. so... there it is. its been fun doing this and i want to thank everyone who participated.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great job Kmann, thanks to you and all the contributors!

Tok likes COTM

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great job. Thanks Kmann and all who contributed!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Way to go Kmann! I enjoyed it a ton. I wish I had dome of that stuff!

Scott Wright
K
kmann Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
thanks guys.... i appreciate it... it was a fun thing to do although alot of information i found was contradictory... just had to sort it out and do the best i could. i got to thank my redhead sue for typing the history... with my typing skills i think it might have been finished in july. ALSO... AND AGAIN... thank you for those who participated. with out participation you got crapola.

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Sorry to bring up this old post BUT I for one would sure love to see these pictures...is it time for a new Oilzum COTM thread again! Its been 7 years..

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You start it...I've got some stuff.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yeah... I miss the COTM threads. can we nominate someone to start it again each month?

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yeah all the pics on this thread are gone. I'd give cotm a shot but my knowledge isn't as much or enough as others that could do it.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I nominate Bryce.

Last edited by rbonitz; Wed Nov 19 2014 08:41 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
^^^that is one corner of your building I do not think I've seen pictured yet. wow. and look at that chicken wing - pristine!

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
I'll shoot some pics tommorrow. Lets keep the thread going. Ray..I do love that corner of the barn. Can I rent that space and add a bed? Maybe paint an Oilzum headboard...lol

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Are you people kidding???????????

Shawn worked his A$$ off for close to 2 years; to get the COTM going again... AND in the end only a handful of Members helped him....

When I did my COTM on Tide Water and Associated... I actually got PMs... Telling me that no one was interested in the History or the items I was sharing... That the real interest on Oldgas was what were items worth now? Not what the History was behind the items or the Companies...

Instead of waiting on others, why not just start a thread on the Company that you are interested in? But, do some research and give a History along with images of the items you have...

John, that is the problem... Too many on Oldgas... Keep waiting for "the other Guy" to do all the work... Do some research, work a little... Scott, Wayne, Jack, Craig (the poorman's museum) and a few others that are escaping my poor memory; have all written books(in some cases many books) about the Petro Hobby... In ALL CASES, one hell of a lot of research was done by them... They didn't wait, for the other guy to do it for them...

We all know that a number of Members here, have written numerous articles (you included John) on the Petro Hobby... They all have had to do more than a little research, to make those articles as complete and factual as possible...

A number of very knowledgeable Members have left Oldgas... Some because of death, some because of life's challenges, others because they didn't/don't feel that they fit in on Oldgas anymore...

Hundreds of years worth of knowledge, that used to be shared on Oldgas on a daily, weekly, monthly basis is now gone...

There are many Members on Oldgas; both "New" and "Mossback" that have knowledge to share... But, until the Membership actually proves that they are interested in the History of this Hobby, instead of what the "resale value" of items are... More and more of those with knowledge are going to drift away!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
if the research & work is the issue... then why not just start a COTM thread that simply acts as a showcase to some of the items people have out there? maybe simplifying it will be the ignition that it needs to get started again?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved