Next Thread
Print Thread
#581408 Fri Nov 21 2014 02:55 AM
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I believe that midnight on the 13th of December would be the first day of the DB 12 days of Christmas.

On that day, make your posts: "On the 12 day of Christmas DB gave to me...(didn't give to me)....you finish it, make it as funniest as possible. Don't worry about us getting two requests, we'll answer both of them. Try and spread them out during the full 12 days of the week.

Keep this is mind, this is to come from our hearts, it doesn't have to rhyme. And if you knew DB as I did, it doesn't have to be serious, remember DB was always one of the first to post a stupid answer to what was a stupid request.

I will try and reply and answer and question that you present, and will also keep the thread going.

Maybe it should state above "On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me,"" but what we are trying to say is that on the first day of Christmas DB gave to all of us.......... "I"ll provide the stupid answers where necessary.

Since DB had quirky ways of collecting, It is OK to make a remark about them, but this is to be a tribute to a great man who not only left a great collection, but one who accumulated a great deal of information and was willing to share it. So around mid-night here in the mid-west I will post "ON THE 12TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS OUR TRUE LOVE (DB) GAVE TO US A ........ (you fill in with your stories or correspondence, (I'll try and keep up with the smart/funny remarks, it they feel necessary.

Even if you were the blunt of one of DBs many quotes, chime in. His remarks were all in fun, so let us respect them as such.

MIDNIGHT THE 13th OF DECEMBER WE WILL START. AM ALSO GOING TO POST THIS AS A SEPERATE POST IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Nov 21 2014 02:59 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack...Not to nitpick cuz I think it is a great idea and already have a line done...But, the 12 days of Christmas actually starts on December 25th and moves forward from there. but, if we want to do it as a count down from the 13th..I am good with that and we can call Dec 13 the first day of Xmas and the 14th the second day, etc. Again, not trying to get too wrapped up around the axle on this. Great idea. I miss ol' DB and I never even met him face to face.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved