Next Thread
Print Thread
#581631 Sat Nov 22 2014 09:46 AM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Have a question on this Bowser twin visible and have never seen these top caps or top sheetmetal. Also the inside gallon markers are that of wayne or at least look like it. Can anyone tell, as I have seen numerous pictures and none look like this Bowser.
Can't get the pictures sent to me resized and tried to do it with the other thing here.
Thanks

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Craig-- email the pics to me and I'll see if I can resize them for you.

kwfrith@gondtc.com

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is Craigs picture.

Craigs pump.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Thanks Kevin, note the difference in the gallon markers and the tops are that of smooth rounded as different than the ones seen on here and on Google for Twin canadian Bowsers. There is a single besides this one with the correct inside markers. Maybe some of the canadian collectors on here can weigh in on their thoughts.
Thanks Craig

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kim P will know

Follow the Red Indian Trail
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Yes, I am sure. Also Richard from Washington just emailed me with the info also on this.
Thanks

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
love that double... cool

RANDY
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Just received a phone call from the owner chastising me for putting this on the internet as he called it and asking questions. That is the reason we have this forum I thought to ask and find out if in fact things are real, partially real, or just fake.
Ones privacy is one thing, but It is advertised in Petroleum Collectables monthly thus putting it out for everyone to ask and see. If you are offering something for sale then lets see what you have and that way we can make a judgement or have someone with more knowledge help in making that judgement.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm of the opinion that once an item is offered for sale in a public venue such as Petroleum Collectables. Public scrutiny/discussion from potential buyers or people in general can be expected.

Seller has no reason to be offended. If the seller is not aware of any shortcomings or details that were over looked during the restoration and thus is unable to state that. Then, these sort of discussions could reveal beneficial information for them as well.

No one should be offended by an interested party exercising due diligence.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As someone who knows little about pumps I would welcome all info possible before making a purchase. I'm not a buyer but would sure be upset if my new purchase didn't pass for what it was advertised as.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
Just received a phone call from the owner chastising me for putting this on the internet as he called it and asking questions. That is the reason we have this forum I thought to ask and find out if in fact things are real, partially real, or just fake.
Ones privacy is one thing, but It is advertised in Petroleum Collectables monthly thus putting it out for everyone to ask and see. If you are offering something for sale then lets see what you have and that way we can make a judgement or have someone with more knowledge help in making that judgement.

...that's odd...I missed the part in your posts where you posted the owner's name or otherwise violated his privacy...maybe he's worried you'll learn something about the pump that would cause you to lose interest?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved