Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58177 Fri Jul 25 2003 06:14 AM
J
JUNIOR Offline OP
OP Offline
J
How does you go about asking for a pump? I know of 2 farms that have old pumps but I can't find a good way to ask for them. Maybe "I collect and restore old gas pumps and was wondering if they'd like to get rid of or sell thiers".
Also are old pumps illegal to use with the underground tanks, or does that vary between states? I assume that the farmers aren't using theirs, but I could be wrong.
Thanks for any help.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#58178 Fri Jul 25 2003 06:29 AM
B
B
My best method for collecting pumps in my area (my collection has grown from 1 pump 3 years ago too 9 currently, unrestored of course) has been to approach farmers or persons you know may have collectibles stowed away and just be honest. Strike up a conversation and plan on listening to a few stories, which is always fun and informative in my book. You will also be amazed in some situations where this one person may know of two other people or farmers with pumps!

The key I believe is to just be honest and respectful and you may just get a tour of the old barn on the back 40 shoved full of goodies!!

Classic Car Community
http://www.oldride.com
#58179 Fri Jul 25 2003 01:29 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Don't go anywhere or make an offer without my Gas Pump Identification book. You will not only be able to identify the pump, but it will also give you a ballpark value of it.
Jack Sim www.crspub.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved