Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I buy and sale things on this site. I always pay immediately if I can.
If i sale on here, I try to get things boxed and sent within 24 hours of selling.
I see people on here all the time complaining about slow payments and slow shipping.
I've dealt with people on this site that would ship before I even sent them a check, (that's awesome) but......You just can't trust everyone to pay up as they should!
What's the deal? Why can't people pay in a descent time period and if we or they have paid, why can't my items be shipped in a timely manner?

How quick do you think someone should pay after committing to buy? & How quick should a person ship an item after it's been paid?

Last edited by johninlongview; Mon Nov 24 2014 06:16 AM.

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances, BUT, I should think that if you are advertising something for sale, you should have the packing materials gathered and be ready to send it out the door! 48 hours is a respected time limit, and anything beyond that is simply procrastination on the part of the seller.
Sellers expect prompt payment and should expect to be prompt with the shipping as well.
As far as payment, there is no reason to delay payment beyond 24 hours. If that can't be met, then the purchase should not be made.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I dont know, everyone has their own opinion. Expectations have changed over the years. I remember JC Penny Catalog items used to take 2 weeks. Now everyone wants instant gratification. I never get spooked until over a week goes by with no notification of shipment...

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
I am with Kevin. I always try and send payment the same day or the next at latest. Takes 5 minutes to write a check and even less to Paypal.
Sellers I could see a couple of days as things happen that may cause a delay. Should not be 2 weeks though as in some cases.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I ship the day after payment is received . If I sold to someone in the past , and they paid when they promised , I ship early.
In return , I expect PayPal in 24 hours , or a notice that payment was sent within 48 hours.
When some one says " I'll take it" I consider it sold.
Would be buyers move on to something else.
99% of buyers on this site have been great.
There are exceptions always, but communication is important.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Payment should be made by the next business day unless other arrangements have been made with the seller.
Item should shipped within a day of receipt of payment unless other arrangements have been made with the buyer.

I've had problems with both buyers and sellers on here.
One seller that I'd bought from previously backed out of a deal when he realized he'd have to buy a box because he couldn't find a free one big enough for the sign he sold me. I don't care what he has for sale, I won't be buying anything else from him.
I've had multiple buyers back out of purchases ranging in price from $10 to $1800.
Thankfully the slow/non payers and slow shippers are in the minority. Most of the folks on here are great to deal with.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
I understand and agree with sellers who wait for a check to clear before shipping an item. But if the payment is through Paypal or Postal Money Order, the item should be shipped on the next business day unless other agreed arrangements are made.

If a seller offers an item for sale, he should already have packing materials on hand including a box. Shipping large heavy items should be researched before the item is offered for sale.

If a buyer can't send payment within a business day, he should not make a commitment to buy.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have always shipped to members on here before receiving payment. If they tell me the payment is on the way. I will ship. I have never had a problem until now and it is with a veteran member. He has come up with many excuses. He has said he is busy, he went hunting, the check is in the mail, he had the wrong zip code and that the check will be mailed out tomorrow - tomorrow must have never come because it never has shown up. I have given him every chance to make it right but I am not sure why he won't. It has been going on since the beginning of September. I may just have to forget the $35. Not big money but it's the fact that he will not follow through and I have to keep calling.
To me, it's the lack of integrity with a few that make us change our views of the way we do business.

For the other 99% I have dealt with on the site - I have never had a problem, I have met some very nice people and made some great friends. For that I am grateful.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Also, after a transaction has been made: seller receives payment & item is shipped, common courtesy says that buyer should notify seller when he received it & if everything is okay.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I sell Postal Money Order only, the item is shipped on the day I received and cash the MO(unless its a holiday). As much interaction between members on this site,thru pm's and phone conversations, you wouldn't think there be any weasels on this site,but there are.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Payment-IMO paypal should be right away and if check, should be mailed 1st day it can.

Shipping- within 3 days of payment.

I think the normal players on here have built a trust enough that many time they ship to me or me to them before check or payment is sent and that comes with trust.

IMO if it's someone you haven't dealt with before you can usually tell right away how the communication goes on how the transaction will go also.

It's the rolling credit card generation....

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Basic guidelines of most sales if no extenuating circumstances from either party should be payment within 1 day and shipping within 3 shippable days.

If the item is oversize, overweight a seller might need extra time, perhaps up to 2 more days to secure suitable materials.

On the buyers side, unless they are sending a paper payment the only delay to expect might be for those who don't have huge bank accounts and need a day or two to transfer funds or get them sent in the mail.

Buyer and seller should communicate honestly and promptly if there are any circumstances that require more than the standard 1 and 3.

Most of the issues I've ever had were with other parties failing to communicate timely. The few which were actual "issues" took lighting a fire under the individual to either pay or send an item. Making sure you exchange good phone numbers and alternate contact numbers is wise in those cases.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved