Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hello, I have a question for any Amoco American Rainbo experts. We had a Rainbo station here in West Jordan Utah many years ago that once was an AMOCO, American, UTOCO Vico/PeP 88 Station. When I search on the internet I cannot find anything on the Rainbo part except for a couple of lawsuits. I am looking for any good photos of the Rainbo logo, signs, oil cans products etc to use with my display of early gas stations in West Jordan,Utah. I hope someone can help me out.
Thanks.
WJCurator

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I recall that station as well as a couple of others that were in West Valley I think one was on 4800 south if I'm not mistaken I only remember them because you didn't see many with a rainbow compared to the Chevron, Sinclair, Circle K and Texaco's that were common there were also Holiday Gas stations I didn't like going there because I hate clowns crazy but I think one Rainbow station was near one of the Holiday Stations possibly on 3500 south but it was around 25 years ago when I was a Boy and thought I a pretty important guy when my Mother had me fill up the car so I could be mistaken?
I'll check with some family out there and see if anyone might have anything your looking for it's a long shot I'm sure they all think I may have spent too much time near gas fumes and hence the collecting Habit I have they may be right but who knows may be a possible explanation but it's most likely the time I spent there with my Grandfather up in Idaho that caused it but if they have anything I'll let you know.

Good Luck!
Bob

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hey thanks for the info. This was located on the Northwest corner of Redwood Rd and 7800 south. Any help appreciated. Happy Holidays

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Standard of Indiana/Amoco acquired the trademark "Rainbow" (with a W) when they bought Trues Oil Company in 1959-1960. During the 1970s and 1980s they introduced the trademark "Rainbo" (no W) for use in company operated discount stations that were former Amoco sites where they could not keep a dealer or was otherwise taken out of Amoco the branded operation. This station looks like one of those.

Wayne Henderson
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
Kernersville, NC
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PM and email sent.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved