Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#582664 Wed Nov 26 2014 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I seen tonight they screwed a older man on a ECO on the pole for 250.00 and was talking it down the whole time....sheesh.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just saw that too, Ron. Gotta believe that since it's all staged that they really didn't buy that unit for $250 , if at all. One way to look at it is that the price of Eco's won't skyrocket tomorrow because they gave $2,500 for it......

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Gary I guess that is one way to look at it. Maybe it is just me but there school girl laughs are just eating through my skull as well!

Last edited by texacokie; Thu Nov 27 2014 03:44 AM.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
just saw it today, the eco meter skins were roasted as hell, don't think it's a good one, the skins are waisted, all the chromes are gone and pitted

Rabbitman wrote "Gotta believe that since it's all staged that they really didn't buy that unit for $250"

I had a guy tell me a while back pretty much the same thing. His brother had been on the show, and once the cameras stopped rolling, they unloaded the van and gave everything they had "purchased" back to the seller. Another way to look at it is, what are they buying off camera that they DONT want shown on the air. The van talk and cackles get on my nerves too. I am down to taping it and fast forwarding thru to items that interest me.
Paul

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Paul I am glad I am not the only one that is getting brain damage from it!
I had a feeling something odd was going on, of course it is made for TV. Yeah I would like to know what there buying also.

Originally Posted By: KlockKing
Rabbitman wrote "Gotta believe that since it's all staged that they really didn't buy that unit for $250"

I had a guy tell me a while back pretty much the same thing. His brother had been on the show, and once the cameras stopped rolling, they unloaded the van and gave everything they had "purchased" back to the seller. Another way to look at it is, what are they buying off camera that they DONT want shown on the air. The van talk and cackles get on my nerves too. I am down to taping it and fast forwarding thru to items that interest me.
Paul

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I will offer my advice again, turn the sound off, and just look at the stuff that is still out there.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good advice Jack! LOL

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
With all the stuff they find out there I am sure they are buying up whole collections with the money they have though. I can just imagine the stuff they have tucked away in warehouses.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved