Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KL Bird #579283 Sun Nov 09 2014 05:54 PM
Great job on the lid Ken, looks terrific!
Paul

Paul
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Murphy'sBA #579289 Sun Nov 09 2014 06:14 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Don..thanks for the link.

Ken..thanks for looking.

Collecting Supertest and Canadian oil cans
Johnay #584270 Thu Dec 04 2014 01:09 PM
Hello Fellow BA collectors, thought I'd post these rather special new additions to my collection, These 3 items mean so much more to me since they belong to my Dad. I was visiting my parents earlier this week and my Dad surprised me with a gift of these 3 BA & Gulf Magazines. One is a BA Dealer Magazine from November 1965, also a Gulf Commentator "The new sign in your future" from January 1969 with lots of cool photos from the BA years to the Gulf transition. Finally a Book from Gulf Canada Resources (which my Dad retired from many years ago) with more BA info & photos from 1906 through to the Gulf years up to 1999. Some cool items to read and look through over the upcoming winter months.

Paul

P1110831.JPG P1110832.JPG P1110835.JPG P1110836.JPG

Paul
coopersplace #590720 Tue Jan 06 2015 10:13 AM
Hi Don,
Found some photos of old BA stations recently and after looking a few over more closely I think these two colour pics (same station from two angles) might show how your BA battery sign may have been used. Bit hard to read but pretty sure it reads BA "dry charged batteries" etc. The font on your sign appears to be bigger than the sign on the battery rack in this photo but I thought it might give you some idea of what type of rack(looks like it's on wheels) your sign might have been used on. Sorry the pics are rather fuzzy when resized. Hope this helps?

Paul

Originally Posted By: coopersplace
I picked up this double sided tin BA sign a couple of weeks back. It had a ton of surface rust on both sides. I had to spend a couple of hours with heavy duty compound to clean it up. It was a little tricky in just cleaning the white areas since the coloured parts are somewhat faded and I wanted to preserve what was there. I haven't seen this sign before but I presume it stands up on top of a rack. If anyone has any info on it I would appreciate hearing more. Cheers, Don.

BA battery rack1.jpg BA battery rack2.jpg

Paul
KL Bird #591067 Thu Jan 08 2015 07:50 AM
A
A
Very nice collection, how long did it take you ?

a134743 #591197 Thu Jan 08 2015 07:10 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Allen, I've been collecting for 15 years now, mostly on a very limited budget. Still lots out there that I would like to get.
Ken.

KL Bird #591198 Thu Jan 08 2015 07:12 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Paul, I saw the same pics and thought the same thing of Don's sign.
Ken.

KL Bird #591362 Fri Jan 09 2015 03:22 PM
Hey Ken, it looks like it would be a rather easy rack to make up too, bit of round tubing, some shelves & casters. Heading to an antique market near by on Sunday, meeting a vendor who has a few BA tins, some of them full. I'll post my purchases Sunday night.
Paul

Paul
Murphy'sBA #591384 Fri Jan 09 2015 06:46 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Right on Paul, keep us posted.
Ken.

KL Bird #591391 Fri Jan 09 2015 07:31 PM
Will do Ken,
as a teaser here is one I just got this week. Looks like this station was in your Provincial neck of the woods!
Paul

BA rain gauge.JPG

Paul
Murphy'sBA #591669 Sun Jan 11 2015 12:32 PM
OK Ken & fellow BA collectors,
As promised here are some pics of this mornings haul.
I did manage to do a bit of damage to the wallet but think I got some nice stuff here.
First is a group shot of the finds which includes a 25lbs cup grease bucket with wire/wood handle, a 5lbs. grease tin which still has the paper label & some grease in it, may have to use some of that on my '62 shop trucks suspension to make it more authentic wink Then we have a quart of Peerless oil. I was not going to buy this one originally as I have one in much better condition but I was struck & intrigued by the yellow & red paint showing under the BA paint. I know that BA was the Canadian distributor of Pennzoil products in Canada at one time but I never thought they would just use Pennzoil cans and paint them over in BA colours, at least that's what I'm guessing? Not sure if you can elaborate on this Ken? I have seen some Pennzoil tins with the wording that BA was the Canadian distributor at the bottom however. Then we have what I think are kind of special pieces, two oilers, one in BA colours & one (my fist one Ken!) in the Gulf transitional colour scheme. These are both full & unopened oilers, tops have not been cut! Finally we have something I have never seen before, perhaps you have Ken or even have one? This is what I will call a squirt bottle, not sure what would have been in it originally, washer fluid perhaps? but it dose look kind of cool! Again, Ken, I will differ to your expertise on this one. I also bought a couple of other items which I hope to get this week in the mail. I will post those items when they arrive. Hope you all have a great day!

Paul

BA tins.jpg BA cup grease.jpg BA grease tin.jpg BA-Pen tin.jpg

Paul
Murphy'sBA #591672 Sun Jan 11 2015 12:35 PM
Second installment of pics! Sorry, the caption is under the wrong photo, Not sure how to change that but you get the idea!

BA-Pen tin2.jpg BA oiler1uo.jpg
Close up of the Peerless tin with yellow & red showing, Pennzoil colours perhaps?

BA oiler2uo.jpg BA trans cl oiler1uo.jpg
Last edited by Murphy'sBA; Sun Jan 11 2015 12:41 PM.

Paul
Murphy'sBA #591673 Sun Jan 11 2015 12:38 PM
Third installment of pics.

BA trans cl oiler2uo.jpg BA sqt. bot..jpg BA sqt. bot2..jpg
Cool squirt bottle, contained washer fluid for attendants to use to clean your windshields perhaps?

Paul
Murphy'sBA #591675 Sun Jan 11 2015 12:46 PM
One more, got this one recently. Now I have to find a poster like yours to go with it Ken.
Paul

BA sentinel patch.jpg

Paul
Murphy'sBA #591693 Sun Jan 11 2015 02:16 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Nice score Paul! You had a good day, about the yellowing on the bottom of the quart can, it's just the pigment in the ink on the green from moisture, I have a few cans, 4 oz, 5 gal pails, 2 gal, and quarts with the same. The Pennzoil has different red and black stripes on the bottom, but still good that you got it, I hate to let even those behind because they still are displayable and if kept high and dry won't get any worse.
The squirt bottle is very cool, yes I have seen them and no I don't have one and yes I do want to find one. That would be my guess that they were used for w/s fluid, or possibly for something in the back service shop.
Now that you have a transitional item in your collection, I predict it will by far, not be the last, mark my words. Think about it, the other two logos were around 20 years give or take, and the transitional logo only was around for approx. 2 years, makes it a lot more rare in my opinion, but that's just me, ha.
The rain gauge is nice too, I missed out on one on ebay a few weeks back. Very nice additions Paul, well done.
Now, I was visiting a friend of mine yesterday and he has a 5 foot green/red and a 5 foot blue/orange that are for sale, they would sure look good in your newly renovated shop, hint, hint. He also has a 36 inch there that belongs to another friend that also is for sale, just thought I would throw that out to ya bud.
Anyway, I hope that sheds a little light for you, again, nice score, keep it up.
Ken.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved