Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5848 Tue Oct 15 2002 05:25 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have a one gallon French Auto Oil can that is in "fair" condition and is at least still half full. It is in the rough as it is faded, worn, some surface rust, and is soiled. The top has a layer of oil/dirt that is partly on the side also. The can however, is not dented and you can pretty easily see all the graphics and writing on the can. It would still display if cleaned up. My first question is how to clean it without doing any more damage?? Secondly, I know this is a desirable can in good condition so what would be the range of value of this can in this condition???

Thanks

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#5849 Tue Oct 15 2002 06:37 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hi Keith , I'll try to answer your question ,
everybody has a different way of cleaning , I use hand cleaner , (not pumice type) rub it in with your fingers , let stand for a while , the real thick stuff on top use air an blow it off , some times you might have to use an old tooth brush and w d -40 , but try hand cleaner first , use it around the edges real good , then wipe it down with old hand towels , pour out that old oil , you can try to bring back some of the color with a paint and vinal cleaner , then a good car wax , when i was into street rods you wanted to use a good wax on a 2,000.00 paint job , and one of the best waxes for good paint is from the wax shop , well good luck , don't rub to hard , ha ,

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved